Offseason Help

hey guys whats up. I have a question if you guys could answer.

I am starting to train for the next season. ya i know you are suppose to take at least a month off. Sorry no can do. I love weightlifting and can’t go a day without it or baseball so ya.

Here is what my workout for the next 8months is going to be. Comment if you like it or have any suggestions at all.

Monday, Wenesday, Friday: Calf raises, deadlifts, single leg squats, walking lunges, maybe leg extension.

Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday: Upper body.

LOL, can someone please give me some exercises for upper body.

All i have is dumbell curls,
bench press(dumbell bench press hurts my arm)
pushups
skull crushers(triceps)- are triceps important to your pitching

I also do alot of core exercies. But i need more upper body. Please help me out and commment if you like my leg exercises.

Buy Steven’s tuff cuff. Its a great workout program. During the summer the workouts aren’t intense. So you wont see much improvement in your body until you start the second phase. But in the winter it is some of the most intense workouts i have seen. You should definitely buy it.

Along with the workouts it has diet plans, a workout log. A “how to guide” on throwing bullpen sessions. A schedule for strengthening your arm for the season, and many photos so you understand.

WORTH THE PRICE!

ya i don’t know where to buy it at any of my local stores. I have absolute no idea how to order stuff online nor will my parents allow me so its kind of stupid.

Its okay i have most of my winter and summer planned out just wanted to know if anyone on here as any tips for upper body workouts just some suggestions

hey i was looking around on websites and i foudn this workout out.

Is this good or not:

Day 1: Legs and Abs

Squat: 4 sets of 15 reps
Stiff-Leg Dead lifts: 3 sets of 12 reps
Hamstring Curl: 3 sets of 12 reps
Leg Extension: 2 sets of 10 reps
Walking Lunge: 2 sets of 20 steps
Leg Lifts: 1 set of 30 reps
Crunches: 2 sets of 15 reps
Oblique Twists: 1 set of 25 reps
Reverse Crunches: 1 set of 30 reps

Day 2: Arms and Chest

Close-Grip Bench Press: 4 sets of 8 reps
Flies: 2 sets of 12 reps
Tri Pushdowns: 3 sets of 10 reps
Skull Crushers: 2 sets of 12 reps
Overhead Dumbbell Extension: 3 sets of 10 reps
Tri Pull downs: 2 sets of 8 reps
Forearm Curls: 4 sets of 10 reps
Wrist Curls: 4 sets of 10 reps

Day 3: Shoulders and Back

Bent rows: 3 sets of 15 reps
Back Extensions: 3 sets of 25 reps
Wide Grip Pull-ups: 1-Failure
Lateral Raises: 2 sets of 12 reps
Machine Rows: 2 sets of 8 reps
Cuban Press: 3 sets of 12 reps

I think you can do more damage than good following a pieced together plan from the internet.

Until you get professional coaching, stick with the basics. A program like tuffcuff is worth the investment. I haven’t bought/read it yet, but Steven’s been there. And like me he’s probably made a ton of mistakes along the way so he can share “what not do” with you.

As a beginner stick with 3 full body workouts, compound movements that challenge both balance & coordination, and train your core. Also, invest in a TRX suspension trainer. It’s an exercise tool invented by US Navy Seals so they could train while deployed (even in submarines). Check it out here:
http://www.fitnessanywhere.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT&AFFIL=1Y394Q82

Go to the bookstore and buy Core Performance for $12.99… read it cover to cover, then follow the program outlined in there. That’s a great start.

My suggestions…

Explosive Movements:
jump squats, box jumps, hurdle hops, etc.
Lower Body:
BW squats, sandbag deadlifts, lunges, step-ups, rear-foot elevated split squats, 1-leg straight-leg deadlifts, hip thrusts (2-leg, 1-leg, feet-elevated), etc.
Upperbody:
Chin-ups (parallel grip, supinated, towel, fat bar), inverted rows (bar, straps, 1-arm TRX), DB rows, push-ups (on ball, feet elevated, with DB’s + 1-arm row), posterior shoulder, scap retraction, shoulder rotation, etc.
Core:
Planks (front, side), ball rollouts (ball, ab dolly, wheel, barbell), turkish get-ups, etc.

In fact, learn the Turkish Get-up and do JUST that everyday and you’ll be ahead of 98% of your competition.

At some point, you’re going to have to get your parents onboard “Team Baseballkid111” and invest in some programs like Tuffcuff