Off season program

Has any tried this program? http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/paul3.htm#base
It looks OK and I was wondering what you think of it. What other exersises should I do on top of this? Im 16 6’3 and 175lb

[quote=“khut”]Has any tried this program? http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/paul3.htm#base
It looks OK and I was wondering what you think of it. What other exersises should I do on top of this? Im 16 6’3 and 175lb[/quote]thats looks really good

in fact i think im going to use this training program this offseason

yea it looks decent what is SLDL I have no idea what is stands for. I was thinking this program needs more core training but i could be wrong

[quote=“khut”]yea it looks decent what is SLDL I have no idea what is stands for. I was thinking this program needs more core training but i could be wrong[/quote]i was wonderin what sldl is as well

single leg dead lift

yea and whats a french press when I google it all I get is how to make some french coffe

Oh

http://www.fitmoves.com/Video/Exercise%20Dictionary/FrenchPress.htm

Looks a lot like a skull crusher to me…

alright thanks. and are L-flys the same as the External Rotation Rotator Cuff on MR.Ellis’ blog

SLDL

I believe that is Straight Leg Deadlift.

They work your legs a little different then regular dead lifts, work the back and hamis more because the quads aren’t used much.

I agree, its Straight Leg Deadlift, good call.

it seems good but it doesn’t even involve any throwing, cause i wamnt to get stronger and throw harder

Stronger body generates more force (torque) and therefore lets you throw harder.

If you train all offseason on this program, along with a spaced out long toss and weighted ball routine, you would gain velocity.

I was thinking of doing my bullpens/longtoss on the off days of this program (Sunday, Saturady, Wedensdeay) is this a good idea or should I throw more?

You could always start with that and then add/subtract pitching sessions based on how you feel. I think the main point in offseason is to give your arm a bit of a rest, so you might want to look at twice a week- one bullpen and one longtoss. Then you could work your way up toward the end of summer.

Just a thought…

I live in the NE how the hell do you long toss if its winter!

It needs core excercises, forearms, rotater cuff excercises (if L flys are a rotater cuff workout there wasn’t enough of them) and more lifts.

what kind of core exersies adn lifts? im already doing Mr.Ellis’ light dumbell routineso that should be good enough but what lifes should i add

For core I’d do reg crunches, side crunches, cross leg crunches, seated twists w/ medicine ball, supermans, reverse crunches…lots of that stuff because, along with your hips, your core provides the most velocity. I’d throw in some forearm workouts too like wrist curls, wrist extensions, hammer weights, squeezers (those things your squeeze with your hands). If dumbell rows and posterier raises weren’t on there Id do that too. Stephen Ellis’ dumbell exercises are good, I’d use his thereband excersises along with those.
And instead of dividing everything into just a few lifts a day, I’d do all the lower body one day, upper body the next, and alternate like that so you get more of a workout.