Nutrition

I want to know if my nutrition is good and what I need to add or take away to gain some weight. I will list a usual day of eating:

Breakfast:
1 protein shake
1 bagel cream cheese and butter
1 banana
sometimes a glass of water or orange juice

Lunch:
1 maybe 2 White chicken wrap(should I get wheat) with lettuce tomato shredded cheese, cold chicken strips and ranch dressing
1 or 2 bags of cheese sun chips
1 or 2 chocolate milks

Dinner:
A meat
a veggie
a starch
On workout days a protein shake and a glass of milk on non workout days just milk
I take pyncnogenol a multi-vitamin, and zinc
I usually have cake or cookies for dessert

Snack:
Banana or cookie or cake or carrots it depends on what I’m in the mood for I usually have milk with it.

Thats usually what my daily diet is like please let me know what I’m doing wrong and right. Thanks

There’s not anything too bad in here. You could probably add one or two small meals (dont think of them as “snacks,” each should have protein and nutritional value) so that you eat every 2-3 hours. Also, try to add some fruit or veggies to your lunch meal, ditch the white flour wrap for whole wheat, and limit yourself to one chocolate milk (lots of sugar in there).

The zinc supplementation is a very good idea. Zinc is one of the most important minerals for athletes to intake. Most people dont get enough in their diets, so supplementing can make a big difference.

O I didn’t know zinc was good for athletes in general I thought my dad had me taking it because it helps with pimples. What other supplements would you recommend if any.

Yes, zinc can help with muscle growth, especially if you are zinc deficient.