Nutrition help

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you could give me a sample/ example daily nutrition or just some ideas for a pitcher. I really want to improve my eating habits but don’t really have a sample diet or anything for a pitcher. I am a d1 college baseball bound pitcher and want to be in the best shape i can be when i get there

Thank you

Don’t drink soda or eat sweets. I know it’s hard, but it’ll help.

any specific foods i should be eating??

Um, I don’t know. I’d say drink milk after workouts because it is high in protein. Egg whites are good too.

Protein

Fish: Salmon, Tuna, Cod

Eggs

Chicken breasts

Cottage cheese

Milk protien isolates

Whey-casein blends

Lean Red Meat

Carbohydrates

Vegetables

Mixed beans

Low-GI fruits

Oatmeal/Oat bran

Mixed-grain bread

Small amounts of protein-enriched pasta

Fats

Flax oil

EPA/DHA

Olive oil

Mixed nuts (no peanuts)

Fish oil

:slight_smile:

wowww!!! thanks alott!!! could you put together a sort of diet for me liek a typical day?

hmmmmm

I would be something like this (roughly, of course)…
Breakfast
3-5 eggs
Toast
1 cup of oatmeal

Snack 1 (2 hours after, give or take…)
Carrots
Nuts
2 Servings peanut butter

Lunch (whenever you eat lunch)
Chicken sandwich
PBJ/turkey sandwich (or something else that is a sandwich, lol)
Fruit

Snack 2 (2hours after, give or take…)
Shake of some sort or small snack (peanutbutter, banana, carrots, celery w/ peanut butter, etc…)

Snack 3
Sandwich maybe

Dinner
Whatever… Chicken, steak, potatoes… veggies…

Snack (bed)
Cheese
Peanut butter
Water

Something like this

Of course I wrote in water before bed, because i think you should always do that, but you should be drinking it throughout the day…

You can eat more of the stuff if you want to gain weight… or less… or find the balance for your body type for maintenance

johnberardi.com

if you’re serious about changing your diet you’ll do the research. check out t-nation.com

the diet posted here is better than most but missing some things. And you’re more likely to commit to something that you have researched and fully understand.

if you can get between 4000 to 5000 calories of primarily protein and no pop or candy, save your pie or ice cream for weekends. treat yourself on the weekends you deserve it.

here is my guys diet. he does this type diet every day.

breakfast, 4 to 5 eggs whatever style you like and a muscle milk protein shake.
mid morning - protein bar
lunch, chicken, pizza or whatever he can get in the school cafeteria (which is hard to do, and milk.
pre-practice, protein bar - muscle milk.
dinner, usually chipotle burrito - you can eat anything on the menu. this is his trainer’s favorite place. he’s been known to eat here twice a day.
steak is a good option with a salad for some fiber.

then to the gym for 1 1/2 hrs and a muscle milk shake before bed.

he is currently 5’11", 195 lb (legit) with a 32" waist. you must work out with this or you will turn to a pig.

be prepared to spend some money on your diet. being a high performance athlete is expensive

Make sure you eat egg whites, not yolks. Yolks are just fat. Egg whites is protein. You want to eat protein, not fat.

Another tip, instead of cooking eggs in good ol’ fashioned butter, use margarine, or vegetable oil.

It kind of depends on what you want to do; do you want to get bigger? Do you want to lose some weight? Or do you just want to have better nutrition. In most cases you’ll actually lose some weight if you focus on having better nutrition because that means you cut out pop, candy, and other junk foods that tend to make people fat. What I would do if I was you is just focus on eating healthy foods and don’t worry about eating too much. When you get hungry instead of eating chips and you want a snack go and eat a grapefruit or some other piece of fruit. I would also recommend increasing your fiber intake, but gradually work it up don’t just load up on fiber if your system isn’t use to it. Nobody likes gas.

My diet goes something like this

Breakfast
3 eggs
1 bowl of Fiber one cereal
Grapefruit

Snack
Apple with mixed nuts

Lunch
Salad No dressing
Can of tuna
Some Mixed nuts or some crackers
Fiber bar
Grapefruit

Snack
Apple with mixed nuts

Drink a lot of water with every meal and before, during, and after a workout.

Dinner
Usually some sort of stir fry with either steak or chicken and a lot of vegetables; I will also drink a big glass of milk and eat some other thing with it for carbs.

That’s just what I do and it seems to work well I have a lot of energy and I’ve lost a lot of weight because I’ve cut out all the junk food.

hey guys,

so far today i have eaten the following:

Breakfast:
3 eggs (w/yolk)
2 pieces of toast topped w/ peanut butter
glass of orange juice

Lunch:
smuckers pb and j sandwich
planters roasted peanuts (2 handfulls)
glass of water

how am i doing

Dude, don’t eat yolks!

eggs aren’t good without yolks…what do i do just take the yolk out b4 cooking them

lol, first of all:

Yolks are okay, because no one has a perfect diet, and if you’re going to have a perfect diet, then you would have to use actual ratios, too…

To me, since you’re just starting out, this is fine… I’m not saying yolks are the BEST thing

But you could eat 2 whites and a yolk scrambled, or something like this…

I’m just saying perfect diets are only good when you can keep them

What’s the point of eating awesome for a couple days, breaking down mentally, eating 15 oreos and some chips, and then continue eating right…

Nothing???

IMHO

Yolks are absolutely fine.

Well the whites have the protein, and the yolks have the fat. Trust me I know, I took a college food science course before.

No offense, but you’re 12. I highly doubt you took an actual college course.

and it’s much easier to eat with the yolk…