Now What?

I made the freshman team and am practicing with them, the JV, and Varsity team now. Pitchers run, throw a pen, do PFP, Long Toss, flat ground thowing, etc. all the typical things a pitcher would do in practice including spending a bunch of time in the dugout while the fielders are taking fielding practice or BP.

I want to get better as a pitcher so what do I need to do outside of practice or even during practice that will help me get better? I listen to the coach and watch some of the Varsity pitchers - but what else should I be doing.

[quote=“kidmullen”]
I want to get better as a pitcher so what do I need to do outside of practice or even during practice that will help me get better? I listen to the coach and watch some of the Varsity pitchers - but what else should I be doing.[/quote]

Well your on the right track with that. Doing that will help you the most. Do you have a link to any other post you made about what pitches you throw speed, age, height weight. Just some general information and it will be easier to help you.

I have a log I’ve been keeping in the Personal Pitching Log forum - Kidmullen’s Workout - it details pretty much everything I’ve done since September 2007.[/quote]

BINGO
What do you think you need to work on. Velocity, location, mechanics, or movement? I’d say 1 of those has got to be worse than the other. If you had to pick one of those to work on what would it be.

Also, do you have some freedom in practice? Do you ever get to choose if you want to longtoss, throw from a mound or whatever?