Nooo no no

No i am not trying to emulate Lincecum at all. I just said my arm does the same thing as his where it almost locks out when i break my hands, but when his comes back up it whips, where mine just “catapaults”

Cobra, to continue this thread how about hitting “Post Reply” below the last window and don’t put anything into the subject line otherwise you start a new thread and it’s impossible to follow.

All right, CobraBaseball—stop right there. Forget about Tim Lincecum or anyone else, and let’s take a look at your mechanics from the top.
First of all, what’s your arm slot? Are you throwing “over the top” by any chance? Somehow I get the feeling that this is the source of your problem—that throwing straight overhand, “over the top”, whatever one wants to call it, just might not be your natural delivery. You need to think about this—who told you that you have to throw that way? Was it a coach, perhaps someone with an agenda? Or was it some pitchers who think they know it all? I’ve seen all kinds, and not one of them even considered the possibility. A coach who’s really on the ball will check you out, find out what your natural delivery is—what you’re comfortable with—and work with it and show you how to take full advantage of it.
Second—I’ve seen Lincecum pitch a number of times, and it’s no wonder they call him “The Freak”. It’s also no wonder that he gets belted around a lot. A pitcher’s mechanics are uniquely his own, and you have to start thinking in those terms—you’re not Lincecum, and you’re not Justin Verlander or anyone else—you are YOURSELF, and you have to find the mechanics that fit you, your size and build. I was a symphony orchestra musician before I retired, and I remember what the composer Claude Debussy wrote in his introduction to his Twelve Etudes for piano. He pointed out that everybody’s hands have different configurations, some are smaller and some are larger, some players can hit a twelfth with no trouble while some can barely manage an octave. And he said, “Cherchons nos doigtes”—"Let’s find our own fingerings."
So do that. Figure out what’s comfortable for you. You might be a 3/4 or a sidearm pitcher, or anything in between those two. Then get hold of a good pitching coach, preferably one with professional experience, and ask him to work with you to help you get a good serviceable set of mechanics. About that elbow dropping, that just may be your body telling you that the overhand delivery is NOT your natural motion—ideally, the elbow should always be at shoulder level, neither higher nor lower. One more thing—don’t ever worry about your velocity. What you want is to work on and refine your control and command of the pitches you do have. And think about adding a good breaking pitch or two—a knuckle-curve, a splitter or a slider, for example. And if you have the speed, it will come. If not, you can become a very good finesse pitcher—and let me tell you, very often the finesse pitchers are the deadliest of all. 8) 8) 8)