NO-Xplode, Creatine Monohydrate, or 100% Whey

If you could pick one and only one of those to buy, which one would it be and why?

Protein and creatine tie. Depends on situation.

I’m basically training to gain muscle and have better muscle tone.

500 g of creatine is 15$ and will last you 3-6 months. I dont see why this is an either or. Get protein and creatine. The latter is dirt cheap, just buy the pure stuff German micronized is what i have.

Yeah, NOExplode is stupid. 100% monohydrate is great stuff, cheap. I’d get a protein powder too. And try and eat lots of meat.

I’m a former bodybuilder and I can tell you with 100% certainty the only way to gain muscle is to increase your protein consumption. Creatine (by the way- the point made is that it’s cheap is so true) is found abundantly in red meat. The body does have a creatine saturation point. That means when you reach a certain level- you’re filled. Any extra gets removed when you urinate.

A trick that really works, is super cheap and almost nobody knows about is taking a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil several times a day depending on your weight. Olive Oil (always use the extra virgin type) is a mono-saturated fat. If you look at the chemistry of how your body makes testosterone its basic building blocks come from saturated and mono-saturated fat. Saturated fat in excess is bad for you; mono-saturated is a “good” fat. You want your body to be a the high end of the natural testosterone range.

Interesting side note- when older men diet to lose weight typically they cut out saturated fat and eat only the good “poly un-saturated fats” or very little fat at all. This results in a decrease in testosterone production which leads to the weight they are losing to be all too highly made up of muscle instead of fat. Of course with decreased muscle lose, when they go back off their diet they’re metabolism’s are down which leads to weight gain and the body due to some primitive survival mechanism decides to put fat back on first- muscle apparently is a luxury.

[quote=“JITB”]I’m a former bodybuilder and I can tell you with 100% certainty the only way to gain muscle is to increase your protein consumption. Creatine (by the way- the point made is that it’s cheap is so true) is found abundantly in red meat. The body does have a creatine saturation point. That means when you reach a certain level- you’re filled. Any extra gets removed when you urinate.

A trick that really works, is super cheap and almost nobody knows about is taking a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil several times a day depending on your weight. Olive Oil (always use the extra virgin type) is a mono-saturated fat. If you look at the chemistry of how your body makes testosterone its basic building blocks come from saturated and mono-saturated fat. Saturated fat in excess is bad for you; mono-saturated is a “good” fat. You want your body to be a the high end of the natural testosterone range.

Interesting side note- when older men diet to lose weight typically they cut out saturated fat and eat only the good “poly un-saturated fats” or very little fat at all. This results in a decrease in testosterone production which leads to the weight they are losing to be all too highly made up of muscle instead of fat. Of course with decreased muscle lose, when they go back off their diet they’re metabolism’s are down which leads to weight gain and the body due to some primitive survival mechanism decides to put fat back on first- muscle apparently is a luxury.[/quote]
EXCELLENT first post…welcome to the forum! :smiley:

[quote=“Corsairkid”][quote=“JITB”]I’m a former bodybuilder and I can tell you with 100% certainty the only way to gain muscle is to increase your protein consumption. Creatine (by the way- the point made is that it’s cheap is so true) is found abundantly in red meat. The body does have a creatine saturation point. That means when you reach a certain level- you’re filled. Any extra gets removed when you urinate.

Interesting side note- when older men diet to lose weight typically they cut out saturated fat and eat only the good “poly un-saturated fats” or very little fat at all. This results in a decrease in testosterone production which leads to the weight they are losing to be all too highly made up of muscle instead of fat. Of course with decreased muscle lose, when they go back off their diet they’re metabolism’s are down which leads to weight gain and the body due to some primitive survival mechanism decides to put fat back on first- muscle apparently is a luxury.[/quote]
EXCELLENT first post…welcome to the forum! :D[/quote]

Small, small world!

Jeff, I clicked on the link for your personel site. Turns out I know your father!

He did quite a bit of work with MLL. I believe he was a past-president too, and was “the guy” in setting up Fall-Ball.

Would you recommend a specific protein powder, ie. a brand?

Optimum Whey Gold Standard, online.

Actually walmart has a new brand, I can’t think of it, a little cheaper, but seems like a pretty solid product. Only problem is has is that it has some creatine in it, but doesn’t state how much. I wouldn’t worry about it though. Body Fortress Whey Protein Super Advance or something like that, the one from walmart.

[quote=“Bower”]Optimum Whey Gold Standard, online.

Actually walmart has a new brand, I can’t think of it, a little cheaper, but seems like a pretty solid product. Only problem is has is that it has some creatine in it, but doesn’t state how much. I wouldn’t worry about it though. Body Fortress Whey Protein Super Advance or something like that, the one from walmart.[/quote]
If I buy the one from Walmart, should I still buy creatine?

is it a good idea to take creatine during the off season, when you workout more often and train heavier? Can you still use it in season when you workout like 1 - 2 a week?

Where i can buy no xplode online i have no time to market give me link