No contact

ive been struggling recently at the plate for no apparent reason

not even making contact when i swing

havent changed anything mechanically

what could be wrong?

its hard to tell, perhaps your moving your head too much?
or maybe completely mis-timing the ball

Not enough practice? Just because you do everything right doesn’t mean you always will hit the ball.

i only see live pithing once or twice a week and rarely do i get batting cage time so that could very well be it

Yea, no doubt, its taking your head off the ball. I had the same problem and i was taking my head off the ball. Keep your head on the ball and try thinking taking the ball the right field if your a righty and if your a lefty, try thining that your gonna hit the ball to left field. You’ll be golden.

You could do what my team does and if you have that problem just bite your shirt.

biting your shirt so your head doesnt move as much?

i donno if this is a sign of something but im a much better breaking ball hitter than fastball hitter

[quote=“OffSet”]biting your shirt so your head doesnt move as much?

i donno if this is a sign of something but im a much better breaking ball hitter than fastball hitter[/quote] You probably have a slow bat. Before reading this comment I would of thought it was pulling your head off because you’re pulling the ball. Start looking at his hand as soon as he puulls it out of the glove, trust me, many people think that wouldnt help but it does SO much. Another thing for batting practice if you have someone to play with is to get a cheap wooden bat, and a bunch of wiflfebals and those practice golf wiffleballs. Another option is a broomstick or unscrew the head off of your broom. My brother started it getting me to use the broomstick to hit wiffleballs, then we moved down to the practice golf wiffleballs, then me and my dad continued working on this and we switched to a wooden bat to practice getting the bat speed and we move back and forth from the wooden bat to the broomstick.

And my dad would be pretty close to me and throwing them decently hard so you have no reaction time. After doing that for two weeks and coming to a game it was ridiculous, first two swings i was way outfront then the next swing i took the pitcher off the fence for a double.