No arm soreness... EVER!

whenever i pitch i never get arm soreness. Ive thrown sessions anywhere of 25 to 100 pitches and i never get arm soreness… Is something wrong? am i not reaching up to full potential???

I am the exact same way, but I pitch at least 75% on all pitches during a game. I think it may be having good mechanics that minimize stress and tension on the arm.

I wish that happend to me :lol:

Are you at max effort? Or are you just throwing “batting practice” when you pitch? How old are you and what is your size?

Im turning 16 this month, im 5’9 at 130 (im a little guy). Also my fastball is in the mid 70s. I throw a slider, change, and 2 seamer along with it.

My guess is—good mechanics. Whatever you’re doing, it has to be something right. And no doubt you’re throwing with an arm action that’s comfortable for you. I’ve seen a lot of pitchers who develop sore arms, sore shoulders, whatever, because they’ve been using pitching deliveries that are not right for them.
I too was very lucky in the old days when I pitched. I was a natural sidearmer with a consistent release point, and I didn’t have a fast ball to speak of so I had to go to the breaking stuff early and become a snake-jazz pitcher—and I was a good one. I had the good sense to stay away from the screwball—I know all too well about THAT pitch, how if you throw it too much and too often it will literally screw up your arm, no pun intended. My best pitch was a sharp-breaking slider which I nicknamed “Filthy McNasty” because that was exactly what it was—and I had an incredible pitching coach, an active major-league pitcher who doubled as an extra pitching coach for the Yankees, who took me in hand, worked with me and helped me become a very good pitcher indeed…
So, whatever you’re doing, stay with it. :slight_smile: 8) :baseballpitcher: