New workout

ok new workout looks like this:

Warm up: 2 minute bike ride

1. 35 jumping jacks
  2. 30 just arm push ups ( see previous post)
  3. 10 pushups
  4. 20 situps
  5. 10 dips
  6. 40 hops
  7. 10 burpees
  8. 10 hindu squats
  9. 1 mile run around neighborhood

What do you mean by hops?

Something like this?

http://trainwithmeonline.com/exercisenum.asp?exn=133

If you can add pull ups to your routine, that would be great…

And what do you mean by just arm push ups?

Sit-Ups are okay-I’m a bigger fan of russian/torso twists or something with greater extension, instead of the typical sit-up from floor… But then again, I rarely do any specific ab exercises…

You can also look into frog leaps ( I like doing those as part of my warm-up)…

I’d toss out the mile run… I really don’t see a need for it…

Instead, look into sprinting a few times a week… Focus on getting your form down/being more explosive upon take off…

Instead of the bike ride, go for a quick jog around the neighborhood (something light to get your heart rate up)… Or look into possibly doing some light sprinting as part of your warm up…

Anyways, good luck! Also, if you like basketball, play basketball as part of your warm up-it’s fun! At least, I think it’s fun…

hops are when u take something the size of a stick and then u just jumo over as many times as u want

im trying to add pull ups but i dont have a pullup bar

arm pushups are when u put your legs uo on a chair or something and then just do pushups with your arms

what are frog leaps

and i will throw out the mile run and add 5 sprints of 7 secs. each

finally i do play basketball quite a bit but i never incorporated it into a pre workout thing ill add that

thanks lbarber

by the way i love ur log

the new workout

warm up: 5 min of playing basketball

1. 35 jumping jacks
  2. 30 just arm push ups
  3. 10 pushups
  4. 20 situps
  5. 10 dips
  6. 40 hops
  7. 10 burpees
  8. 10 hindu squats
  9. 5 sprints of 5 sec. each
  10. 5 minute bike ride

i just did the workout for the first time nad i feel great thanks to the help from lbarber and kc i will be doing this workout for awhile twice a day and offdays include sprinting and tubing

your just arm push ups are decline push-ups that utilize the chest back and arms… you just have more of your body weight emphasis on the upper body, but still great to do. If you want something more for the arms, bring the hands together and make a diamond with thumbs and second fingers. This puts more emphasis on the triceps.

thanks