New videos

i got some new videos of my mechanics but it’s just the motion without me throwing the ball. I ahve fixed some stuff since the last time i posted videos. so any help would be appreciated. thanks

Gary
Your front foot is opening up too early. Keep sideways until just before landing. Try not to point your toe as you stride.

My suggestion is for you to try that and only one other thing, that being to move sideways harder and for a longer period of time.

[quote=“dm59”]Gary
Your front foot is opening up too early. Keep sideways until just before landing. Try not to point your toe as you stride.

My suggestion is for you to try that and only one other thing, that being to move sideways harder and for a longer period of time.[/quote]

does opening my front foot to early have any affect on the way i pitch? and what do u mean by move sideways harder and for a longer period of time?/

[quote=“gary kuang”]does opening my front foot to early have any affect on the way i pitch?[/quote]Sure. It has the potential to open your front hip too early, robbing you of the timing you need to make an effective connection between the hips and shoulders just as you land.

[quote]and what do u mean by move sideways harder and for a longer period of time?/[/quote]Generate more sideways momentum by keeping your hips closed while you stride and stride farther.

do u think my stride is long enough? and am i using my legs?? and is that all i need to fix? anyhting esle thanks dm59

Gary
Your back leg action could use some work. It is typical of a recommendation that often is heard that one should pull the back knee forward and inward toward the other knee in order to facilitate hip rotation. I’ve often written against this recommendation on the basis that it is NOT what pro pitchers do. I just went through every clip in the video clips library on this site and was unable to find even one example of that back leg action. The two following clips are good examples of what the pros do. Study them closely and then look at your own videos. In yours, pushing off the rubber will do very little because your back knee flexes so early. It’s like pushing a rope. You don’t get anything out of it because the energy of the push is not transferred up the leg. In these, and all of the other clips, watch how the back leg is extending and rotating at the same time.

[quote=“dm59”]Gary
Your back leg action could use some work. It is typical of a recommendation that often is heard that one should pull the back knee forward and inward toward the other knee in order to facilitate hip rotation. I’ve often written against this recommendation on the basis that it is NOT what pro pitchers do. I just went through every clip in the video clips library on this site and was unable to find even one example of that back leg action. The two following clips are good examples of what the pros do. Study them closely and then look at your own videos. In yours, pushing off the rubber will do very little because your back knee flexes so early. It’s like pushing a rope. You don’t get anything out of it because the energy of the push is not transferred up the leg. In these, and all of the other clips, watch how the back leg is extending and rotating at the same time.

[/quote]

the reason my leg is like that is because i actually kick off the rubber? should i lead with my rfont leg and just ahve a longer stride? how is my stride?

Your “kicking off the rubber” will be ineffective if it simply pushes your knee forward by the upper leg simply swinging within the hip joint. Now, extend and rotate that back leg. This will have a different effect. It will help with forward centre of gravity motion and assist with (or allow) hip rotation.