New Video

http://www.letstalkpitching.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4150

That’s a topic explaining some stuff if anyone’s interested reading.

Here’s the video.

Ok well I did some signs when I pitched. Nothing meant fastball. Showing the palm of my glove was my fork ball change-up sort of thing. And the other one which you all probably know is the breaking ball sign, which was my cutter. Now twice I tapped my right leg twice which mean that I liked that pitch. It was hard and seemed good.

What I noticed is it seems like I’m still throwing kind of soft but maby not because I noticed this with pros that sometimes it looks like they’re pitching kind of easy. You guys can judge it for yourself.

I appreciate any help.

P.S. How did you like me flinging my glove up and hitting the ball down? I turned around and I’m like I hope that was on camera lol.

I will get 3 slow motion videos of each pitch some time in the next couple of days.

You are opening up the shoulders way to soon and lossing MPH. How hard are you throwing right now at this time.

Looks like your hip and chest rotation are happening at the same time (should be hip, then chest).

**Edit
also looks like you don’t start with any forward momentum, as soon as you lift your leg, your body should be moving to the plate, it might be the camera angle though

It might be because I feel like I’m falling pretty quick towards the plate.

I’m willing to bet on the ones that I felt good about are the ones where I kept my shoulders shut.

I don’t know not hard enough. I’m not concerned on how hard I’m throwing. I always aim to be able to throw harder. I don’t have a radar gun so I have no clue.

I agree with everyone else. No hip/shoulder separation and both opening too soon.

I don’t like the camera angle. Can you get one straight from the 3B side?

[quote=“xv84”]I agree with everyone else. No hip/shoulder separation and both opening too soon.

I don’t like the camera angle. Can you get one straight from the 3B side?[/quote]

Yeah sure I’ll have it by tomorrow. Yeah I’m not going to focus on the hip/shoulder seperation right yet. I’m keeping it in the back of my head but I want to focus on the hips moving forward sooner. One thing at a time.

Thanks for the tips.

What I do like is your posture and balance. And the bent front leg.

If you feel like you are falling forward, go into more of a “sit” while striding as well as leaning your torso towards 3B. This will help maintain dynamic balance.

just curiosity how old are you???

I agree. I’d much prefer a side view and a front view.

Good plan. Quite often, fixing things earlier in the delivery cleans up things later in the delivery so it makes sense to wait and see what happens with those later things.

While I like the idea here I would suggest a slight modification. Instead of going into a sit while striding, lower yourself in your starting stance so you don’t have unnecessary up/down movement during the stride.

BUT, I’m not sure Bower needs to do this. He may just need to get use to and overcome that feeling of falling down. I do think he needs to get his hips started forward sooner, but I’ll wait for the new videos to comment further.

Bower I found the reason why you don’t have the hip/shoulder seperation. It’s because you are openning the shoulders when you go to land make sure you keep them closed longger. When I paused the video it was clear that right before landing the shoulders started to open and rotate.

Everything else is fine just go hard sideway’s with the body while keeping the shoulders closed.

I turned 15 a month or so ago.

I agree. I’d much prefer a side view and a front view.[/quote]

I’ll get these in within the next couple days. It looks like it’s going to rain today and I pitched a lot yesterday.

Not to try to get of topic but where did you get that mound from, or did you make it?

BarryZitoFan

It’s all good.

I made it.

I believe www.diy.com

Thanks!

Im sorry, but where is it at diy.com

Thanks

BarryZitoFan

Sorry wrong site.

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/diy_kits/article/0,2019,DIY_13787_3790790,00.html

Thanks a ton! :smiley:

BarryZitoFan