New video

Ok here’s another video of me working on my front leg. I think its flexion is a lot better and helps me get through my follow through more easily. I do know that i need to move faster towards the plate but i’ve also notice some problems with my arm so if anyone has any suggestions let me know.

Looks like good momentum but Not good roational power?

I have no idea why the rotational power doesn’t look like it is there? When you throw where does the ball noramlly go to the left or right?

how hard are you throwing doesn’t look hard?

yeah your right i figured out that its because i dont close off my front hip before landing i just basically move pre-opened which doesn’t allow my body to twist but just move forward

h/o You want the hips to open before/into landing and while that is happening you want to stay closed with the shoulders. So then you can pull the arm around.

explain what you mean by [quote]yeah your right i figured out that its because i dont close off my front hip before landing i just basically move pre-opened which doesn’t allow my body to twist but just move forward [/quote]

I know that man what i mean is that my hips aren’t closed during stride so that they can open during landing they are never rotating really because they are open the whole time

I just looked at your video the hips are perfect nothing wrong at all. THe problem is what happens after you plant. You seam to throw the body straight down instead of down and to the right. This will cause no rotation because you are not turning the body down to the right and only down.

Work on just pulling down to the right when you throw instead of straight down. Everything else looks great.

How hard are you throwing at this moment in time?

Front leg flexion looks good. Momentum doesn’t look bad either.

I agree there seems to be a lack of explosive rotation in your upper half. I think (hard to tell with YouTube videos) you lack a bit of hip and shoulder separation. That could be a flexibility issue. Or it could be a timing issue that causes your shoulders to rotate too soon. I would suggest playing around with the glove arm to see if you can adjust your timing. Specifically, try getting your arms into an “equal and opposite” position meaning primarily that the forearm-to-upper arm angles are thesame for both arms. You appear to extend the throwing arm moe than the glove arm. Shortening the glove arm makes it quicker to do its thing and that steals time away from the back side. Make sure you make the adjustment in your glove arm - not your throwing arm.