NEW VIDEO.....need help! (side view)

Any advice would be great I started Mr. Ellis`s quick hands drill and it has helped. What other drills should I start doing…and please pick apart the video, how can I get more velocity???

Stop showing the ball to center field. That is one of the biggest mistakes you can make. The only major leaguer to do that is rich harden and Im sure you know his history you need to make the separation of glove and ball and then the transition into your throwing motion much more fluid. Someone is going to tell you im wrong but Im not.

I know, I break my hands really really weird its not on purpose its from ALOT of drills doing it that way. my mechs just dont look rite I really dont know what has happened to me. So how should I break my hands? I dont mean to show the ball to centerfield this is just muscle memory, what could I do to get rid of it?

Dont “stop at the top” you are killing your momentun towards home plate. once you pick up your leg start moving your trunk towards home plate like this:

http://www.letstalkpitching.com/images/nolan_ryan_closed_side.gif

[quote=“Hoysauce”]Stop showing the ball to center field. That is one of the biggest mistakes you can make. The only major leaguer to do that is rich harden and Im sure you know his history you need to make the separation of glove and ball and then the transition into your throwing motion much more fluid. Someone is going to tell you im wrong but Im not.[/quote]I do this and I don’t know how to fix it.

Hummm, :think: IDK depends on what you are looking for I guess

Hummm…

Umhumm…

Looks like a total of 2 opines to me…do you think they are confusing…or wrong?
I don’t think Paul recommends either…I’ve not seen you be so judgemental before Lanky…I sure respect your opinion on most stuff…Do you have anything for this guy?

I’m not really understanding the little squat action…I guess it is an attempt at momentum generation and I’d like to see a little posture improvement…but on 2 pitches can’t say too much.

you’re right, I shoulda kept that to myself. I’ll get rid of the post.

Hey Rock how are you doing? I will check your mechanics tomorow since I’m about to go to practice right now, but I can say your right arm movement is poor. Your hand break is not bad, it’s just that your right arm is dragging behind your body all the time. First you have to lift your arm slot so your right elbow is in line with your shoulders at the high cocked position and afterwards, don’t worry you don’t have to do mechanical drills to lift that elbow, I’ll be in touch… :smiley:

can’t seem to upload the video. Will keep trying.

DON’T STOP–showing the ball to the second baseman! The most inportant things to know are timing, location, and movement. How you throw the ball is an individual feeling. YES, YOU SHOULD–do some mechanical things correct, but if you can get the batter out, that’s the bottom line! Work on your mechanics, but showing the ball to the second baseman is called–Tease the midget, feed the Giant.

First of all I would work on arm action, the speed at which the hand and forearm come through the magic moment (which is the moment when you actually release the ball) is essentianlly the speed at which the ball will move when it is released. The greater the acceleration of the arm in that magic moment the more potential energy there will be stored in the ball, the elbow should be up when the ball is in the high cocked position and it should remain up right through release (this is the way it works for me, I know there are people here who say this is not as important but for me it is imperative)
You seem to be having your elbow slightly lower than your shoulder line so that would be for ME the first thing to work on.
This view doesn’t allow me to see if your front foot is open when it lands but it seems like it is, that will open your body a bit to soon robbing you from stored energy and letting your body rush a bit leaving your arm behind.
The third thing I see is that you cut your release by letting your upperbody go a bit to your left side, here I would want you to think that after you release the ball you let your upperbody go over a wall, what I mean is by imagining that you are passing your torso over a wall, running perpendicular to your lead knee and just a few inches higher, not only will you bring your release point closer to the plate but you will also improve your follow through.

thanks alot man…good stuff

Yes, Hoysauce is correct. You do not want to extend your ball hand to the sky from your glove. This causes all kinds of problems. The first problem is it will force you to open your hips to soon. If your hips open to soon it will kill your momentum and all you have is your shoulder and arm action. Look at Greg Maddux here. His throwing arm is positioned behind his ear with his hips open and his shoulder almost ready to commit. This is called back hip to back shoulder separation. Tim Linceum calls this tighting his rubber band. The rubber band being his core.

The reason you are throwing your ball hand to the sky is because you are trying to speed your hands up to get velocity. Velocity comes from your lower half and hip to shoulder separation. RightRinger said it first.

So relax and slow down your hands and focus on your lower half momentum like RightyRinger says here and then focus on back hip to back shoulder separation like Maddux above.

Remember your hands are just along for the ride.