New Video (Game Video)

In a few im going to upload a 6 min video of me throwing a whole 1 inn of work to see. i hope this is enough. :slight_smile:
So please any advice, let me know.
For ya that dont know i throw 78-80, trying to add 5 mph to my fastball, im 18 yrs old going to college tis year to play college ball.

Ok heres the video i hope this is enough so that you guys can help me out if i have any thing holding my velocity back, or bad mechanics.

By the way i play in the dominican republic and a team from boston came to play with us and we lost 5-4

It looks like you open yup your shoulders too soon. Just work on keeping them sideways A little longger ok. Because right now you are throwing all arm not getting a stretch in the muscle of the torso.

yea i need to work on that, i think i also have to work on leading with my hips too.

I think you definitely need more momentum. Start your hips toward home plate sooner (like right before your knee lift peaks) and faster. Keep your same knee lift. This will help you build more momentum and get out over the front leg better. You’ll generate more energy to put inot the ball and you’ll move your release point closer to home plate. You’ll also help your timing.

and how do i do that??? is there any drills for that because i have no idea how to get my hips moving forward, i have tried so many different ways and still i dont get my hips moving forward.

And what do you mean by this:like right before your knee lift peaks??
Do you mean when i start picking up my leg to my chest or when i start bringing my leg down from my chest??? and how do i start getting my hips moving forward. Thats where i have the most problem.

[quote=“kbm2589”]and how do i do that??? is there any drills for that because i have no idea how to get my hips moving forward, i have tried so many different ways and still i dont get my hips moving forward.[/quote]Roger can give you some detailed description of 2 drills he uses. One being the “fence” drill and the other being the “crossover” drill. I’ll let him describe them.

[quote=“kbm2589”]And what do you mean by this:like right before your knee lift peaks??
Do you mean when i start picking up my leg to my chest or when i start bringing my leg down from my chest???[/quote]When the knee is almost at the highest that you lift it. Just don’t wait until it’s on the way back down.

[quote=“kbm2589”]and how do i start getting my hips moving forward. Thats where i have the most problem.[/quote]Don’t be thinking too much on HOW you do it. Just move sideways faster and for a longer period of time. Your body will figure out how best to do it.

Right now it seems that you don’t put a lot of effort into your striding sideways. You kind of just put the foot out there. So, just get a mental cue happening that you are going to move your front hip sideways earlier, faster and longer then rotate hard into landing. Let your body figure out, through trial and error, how to do it. Don’t over-analyze the minute details of how.

It appears that in your stretch your hips get moving a bit sooner but it seems that your strike could be a tad short but I’m not positive someone else would have to look at it.

Do you feel better in your stretch than you do in your windup? It just seems to me that your hips move faster in your stretch.

i feel the same way both in wind up and stretch. probably i start moving my hips forward in the stretch because i have to be faster towards the plate because i have a runner on base. Thats what i have to do in wind up try to be faster towards the plate.

Haha exactly :!:

i was watching my video and i put it in slow motion and so far i found two mistake one that im landing on my heel and the other one is that im not pointing with my elbow im pointing with my glove.

Simply push your hips sideways. As for the drills DM alluded to…

Fence Drill (or what the NPA calls the Lean and Lift Drill): Stand with the side of your glove side shoulder facing a chain link fence and your throwing side foot about 8"-10" away from the fence. Simply lift your knee and push your hips sideways toward the fence letting the fence catch you. You can start with your normal timing for when you push your hips sideways. But then change your timing to start your hips a bit sooner. For example, if you normally don’t start your hips until your knee peaks, then start your hips a little before your knee peaks.

Cross-Over Drill: Start from the stretch position. Cross your front foot over your back foot. Bend your knees as necessary to get both feet flat on the ground. Perform your delivery as normal but try to push your hips sideways a bit sooner than normal. The cross-over position will make it easier to do and will also help you lead with your front hip further into your stride.

[quote]And what do you mean by this:like right before your knee lift peaks??
Do you mean when i start picking up my leg to my chest or when i start bringing my leg down from my chest??? and how do i start getting my hips moving forward. Thats where i have the most problem.[/quote]
If you start moving toward home plate when your knee is on its way down, then try moving forward when your knee peaks. If you start forward when your knee peaks, then start forward a bit before your knee peaks.

If you make the adjustments to improve your tempo and momentum, you’ll likely get out over the front foot more and not land on your heel as much.

and how do i do that???

i didnt see the other post you left me thanks and thanks dm too

KBM how hard are you throwing right now.

The reason I ask this is because you are not explosive to the plate. I think you need to forget the balance point and speed the whole wind-up up.

The faster you move the harder you throw so the faster you can drive at the plate with alot of force the more that linear force and explode and turn into rotational force.

i throw 78-80 but mainly high 70s. yea alot of ppl tell me that but i just dont knw how to work on that. I just need help period. now roger showed me some new drills imma see if that could help me out

I think the drills will not help you in your case because you need to get quicker not slower.

Work on going hard sideway’s while going fast and in control. Just keep work on getting the body to move at the target as soon as you lift your leg.

How can you throw 78-80 lol? I look like I throw 10x’s harder then you when I pitch.

Im starting to think I throw high 70’s because im explosive and throw it by people and you don’t look like you are getting anything on the ball.

will last time, they put me a radar gun was a scout from arizona diamondbacks but he said i have to work more on getting my speed up but my breaking ball is good and he told me i was throwing 78-80 but mainly on high 70s

How old are you?