New to site, Pitching arm trouble. help?

Hello, My name is Mel i played high school ball in Henderson, NV (against bryce harper.)

I am currently trying to come back from a slight strain in my UCL…

Right now I have some pain in my upper arm… At first i thought it was maybe m rotator cuff… After thrwing some more realized its not my shoulder or the inside of my shoulder that hurts…

So only when i throw i get a sharp pain in my upper bicep… It feels like a pinched nerve or somehing?

it only happens when i have weight in my hand… if im practicing my mechanics with no ball… im fine… as soon as i throw a ball instant pain… :confused:

Does anyone know what this could be? i realize this isn’t going to get a proper diagnosis but something i want to try before i head off to get an mri… again…

Go get the MRI, get it, figure out what it is, then move on. Best to do that now than play chance. I had elbow pain last year, so I waited and waited, finally went to go get an MRI and figured out it was nothing, amazingly hearing that made my arm not hurt. Go get it.

Tom House claims that pain of the backside of the arm is generally a strength issue while pain on the front side is a mechanics issue. So, get the medical diagnosis/treatment and then make sure to follow up by getting your mechanics looked at. You can even post video of yourself here on this site to get feedback.

Mel,

New to the site as well. This caught my eye because something similar happened to me when I was coming back from Tommy John. Elbow felt fine but I was getting pain in the front of my shoulder right below the joint right around where the bicep and pec met. Obviously you want to get it checked out by someone qualified, but in my case a few sessions of deep tissue massage loosed it up (painful though lol). Our trainer said that there was a ‘golf ball’ sized scar tissue and muscle built up. After that I was pretty much back to normal.

Mel,

New to the site as well. This caught my eye because something similar happened to me when I was coming back from Tommy John. Elbow felt fine but I was getting pain in the front of my shoulder right below the joint right around where the bicep and pec met. Obviously you want to get it checked out by someone qualified, but in my case a few sessions of deep tissue massage loosed it up (painful though lol). Our trainer said that there was a ‘golf ball’ sized scar tissue and muscle built up. After that I was pretty much back to normal.