New pitching video of my son

I think there needs to be some sort of “meeting in the middle” between what my son does (sweeping the glove) and the idea of pointing the glove at the target. I see the points made here of not necessarily pointing the glove at the target, but I also think too much of a sweep, coupled with over rotating in the beginning creates a bit too much of a spinning motion in my son’s delivery.

Having said that, he pitched last night in a Connie Mack summer game against a very good HS in our area, and did incredibly well. Did not walk anyone and only gave up one hard hit single. Struck out a few and was the only one of our boys that did not get hammered.

If he were to try to get the hips moving toward the target earlier in the process how does he get his arm through without leaving it behind? We have tried a few times lately to do this and he tends to leave his arm behind and miss high.

[quote=“shermanreed”]If he were to try to get the hips moving toward the target earlier in the process how does he get his arm through without leaving it behind?[/quote]Trial and error my friend but you might want to experiment with the timing of the hand break.

D.M. BINGO

Another way to look at it is from the power position, front hand thumb down, as the pitching arm travels, the front hand rotates the thumb up and bring chest to glove. As a lefty Sherman, I swept, but it constantly caused timing issues (Over/Under rotation, a flop and dropper from the old 60’s-70’s school), until a D-1 pitching coach and Bobby Abadaka (?sp)showed me this and it caused my accuracy and consistancy to markedly improve…not that it did much good for me…but my son has benefitted from it.

[quote=“shermanreed”]Here is a pitching video of my son. There are two videos, one of the front and one of the back view.

http://media.putfile.com/baseball-057

http://media.putfile.com/baseball-055[/quote]one thing, he maybe should bring his leg back more like towards 2nd base, not too far, but enough to make the hips so they can explode more, ive worked with this and ive noticed major velocity change