New Pitches? ? Has anyone ever tried this

for pitches the you pronate(circle,fastball,screwball,sinker)
try supinating

for pitches that you supinate(slider,curve,cuttter)
try pronating

i mean using those grips and supinating or pronating

just an idea

gyro ball reversed preset pronation then supinate

try reversing other pitches

supinated splitter gets a curve

Wouldn’t that take the purpose out of some of the pitches?

you never know until you try

plus thats why i said new pitches

Ya, I guess you’re right. You never truly do know until you try.

[quote=“kelvinp”]for pitches the you pronate(circle,fastball,screwball,sinker)
try supinating

for pitches that you supinate(slider,curve,cuttter)
try pronating

i mean using those grips and supinating or pronating

just an idea

gyro ball reversed preset pronation then supinate

try reversing other pitches

supinated splitter gets a curve[/quote]
suppinated splitter gets a curve? what type of drugs are you on? have you been seeing any dancing bears or unicorns lately?

usng the splitter grip and supinating
try it

[quote=“kelvinp”]usng the splitter grip and supinating
try it[/quote]i use the splitter grip and and supinate and i get a slower splitter that is a bit more like a forkball, i get less spin.

and I pronate my curveball, dunno why you would wanna suppinate on it.

I throw my cutter pronating off of my index finger. Most would think its throw off of my middle. I think its awkward to supinate completly. I think sometime I’m going to try and pronating my cutter more to turn it into more of a slider. See how it works. Oh and Kelvin the reason you pronate a circle-change is becasue thats the easiest way out of your hand. Trust me if it was easy to supinate the Pros would be doing it. At that level the change-up can get tricky against same sided batters. It comes back inside.

i know that
same with any pitch with an off center grip

i just thought it might give you a new pitch

I tried a circle change without pronating, and threw it into the dirt time after time. So as Bower said, yes its the easiest way out of your hand.

sounds like youre provinng me wrong when i never said i was right
i didnt make an arguement

try it supinating

just putting some new ideas out there

actually there’s nothing new in there, curveball pronated is a screwball screwball supinated is a curveball slider same thing, splitter supinated is just a stupid way to hold a curveball, some people supinate their changeups but that would be pretty bad for the elbow and really what you want is a tailling action not some kind of slider action that would go slower. you can do whatever you want with your pitches but please dont tell me you invented new stuffs.

hey i just said try it
might work for some might not

i got a sharp curve by supinating the fastball grip

kelvinp: “just putting some new ideas out there”

---------That’s not necessarily a bad thing, on the surface. However, if my plumber “puts out some new ideas” about how to wire the electrical circuits in my house, I’m probably not going to take it seriously.

If the French fry dude at the local McDonald’s gives me some advice on how to prepare boeuf bourgignon avec champignons, I’m probably not going to listen to him.

Similarly, kelvin, you’ve said little (or maybe nothing) in your many, many posts at this forum that would lead any serious baseball pitcher to listen to your advice… how come you don’t get that?

hey i try
listen or dont
i try not to post anything that will screw anyone up

“hey i try
listen or dont
i try not to post anything that will screw anyone up”

----------If you tried to listen more to what experienced pitchers and pitching coaches have to say, and if you made a conscious effort to learn from their discussion rather than constantly be throwing your oars into water that is too deep for you …then we’d all be better off, IMO.

Yes, I can “listen or don’t” to you, kelvin. However, your constant nattering in the midst of an otherwise interesting forum on pitching makes you hard to completely ignore. Additionally, there is always the ill-chance that some sincere young guy, reading the drivel that you spout so casually, might actually be fooled into thinking you have a clue. That would be truly sad and I hope it doesn’t happen.

Since you clearly don’t have the slightest clue about what may or may not screw up the development of a real baseball pitcher, it is no good for you to claim, “i try not to post anything that will screw anyone up”.

My best guess is you have never pitched a baseball beyond Little League, and possibly not then either. Am I right? I’m curious, have you ever played baseball, or is it just a video game/cyber forum fantasy kind of thing for you?

junior varsity starter
never played at a lower level

Well I started to learn how to pitch last summer. So when I first joined this site i just asked question and didn’t tell people anything. Now I feel I know some stuff and can give people some advice. This site (along with my effort) turned me from a good hitting catcher with no arm into a varsity starting pitcher with great control (still no arm :smiley: ) in the 9th grade, who knows a little something 'bout pitching. :smiley: Just hang in there and learn kelvinp

wtf is supinating