New pitch?????

I am 12 years old and my dad taught me the 4sea 2seam and change but now im looking for a new pitch. What do you think the best wood be? I am 5 2 and I am stronger than most kids my age. I have mainly focused on accuracy since i started pitching.

Knuckle or some kind of breaking pitch?

What do you think?

your going to hear it from everyone on here - you dont need a new pitch

your 12 years old, throwing breaking balls is only going to wreck your arm

wait until your in highschool before trying a curveball or something of that nature

i know it seems cool to throw a ball that moves right now but it wont be cool when you cant throw at all

work on getting outs with your FB/CH

as previous posters have said, dont worry about a breaking ball. plus the stress put on the arm just trying to get a ball to move from a 46’ mound is wayyyyyy to much for your arm to handle, unless your parents are willing to pay $10,000 for tommy john’s surgery when ur 16.

Spedn the time now to improve your change-up. A really good change-up is an awesome pitch. Is your’s really good?

Yeah me change up is great and i can position it pretty well but their are some hitters in my leage who see it coming. So i wanted to work on a knuckle for the better hitters

hey kid im only 16 so coaches dont want me throwing curves either
i have the pitch–my coach, who is an ex major leaguer teaches it to all his pitches
its a knuckle change–basicaly u put your first 2 fingers on like a knuckle ball and then wrap your other 2 fingers around the ball with a little bit of spread around them. there is no wrist flick or anything like that, and it you practice it for a while it drops better than a curveball

thats probably of the lack of speed.

so its easy to hit if u throw it a little bit to high

And you don’t think they can spot the knuckle coming at them? The lack of spin, to me, is easier to spot than a change-up. Sounds to me like you need to work on selling the change-up better. Make sure you use the same mechanics as your fastball, same arm slot, same arm speed, and same release point.

and dont forget, people will always pick up that pitch anyways.

there is no pitcher, and i mean NO pitcher at all. who throws strikes, and K’s everyone ALL the time. if there is one, please let me know.

just do YOUR best. if your best gets hit now and then. so what? let the field support you. thats what they are there for aint it?

[quote=“adamsmith44”]I am 12 years old and my dad taught me the 4sea 2seam and change but now im looking for a new pitch. What do you think the best wood be? I am 5 2 and I am stronger than most kids my age. I have mainly focused on accuracy since i started pitching.

Knuckle or some kind of breaking pitch?

What do you think?[/quote]

Your too young for a breaking ball, and you dont need another pitch.
If you feel you definitely need another, play with your 2 seasm fastball grip until u learn a sinker.
NO breaking balls and your age, dont make the same mistake so many others have made.

ok thanks ive got some down and in motion on my 2 seam(right handed hitters) and its is almost as fast as my 4 seam and is easy to control … thanks