New news

the doctor called a couple days ago and said that the elbow was bruised on the inner part, is this the same thing as tendonitis or inflammation? if so, its a mild case, how long should i rest it, what should i do to treat it? i will take advil and ice my arm, but i cant get into a doctor any time soon up here…

I have tendonitis, I don’t know if it’s the same thing really, but I know that tendonitis is inflamation and pressure on your tendons causing pain soreness and stiffness, take advile like you have been it has some anti-imflammatory agents in it and cut’s down on swelling, do not use heat if it is anything close to tendonitis because it will cause blood flow and inflamation…I’d rest it for mabey a week if you can…

[quote=“WhiteSox101”]I have tendonitis, I don’t know if it’s the same thing really, but I know that tendonitis is inflamation and pressure on your tendons causing pain soreness and stiffness, take advile like you have been it has some anti-imflammatory agents in it and cut’s down on swelling, do not use heat if it is anything close to tendonitis because it will cause blood flow and inflamation…I’d rest it for mabey a week if you can…[/quote]after talking with roger, it might be a growth plate issue…

With all due respect to Roger, WhiteSox101 and anyone else on this board, the physicians and their available diagnostic tools must advise you. Any suggestions from here must be discussed with them.

Never fear - I reminded Tanner more than once that I ain’t no doctor and my end recommendation was for him to get checked out again by a real doctor.

[quote=“Roger”]Never fear - I reminded Tanner more than once that I ain’t no doctor and my end recommendation was for him to get checked out again by a real doctor.[/quote]That’s no surprise to me brother.

Tanner,
Just give the doctor’s office a call and ask them to get back to you with more of an explanation. The doctor usually won’t be available to talk to you but usually a nurse will and they’ll talk to the doctor and then get back to you.

[quote=“CADad”]Tanner,
Just give the doctor’s office a call and ask them to get back to you with more of an explanation. The doctor usually won’t be available to talk to you but usually a nurse will and they’ll talk to the doctor and then get back to you.[/quote] i got an appointment with a doctor who had someone cancell…tommorow! they will most likely take xrays to see if the growth plate is really the issue then go from there

Tanner,
Good news, hope it goes well and there’s nothing major to worry about.

the doc said its in the electra (sp???)…nothin in the ligaments or growth plates…he never did get a chance to see the mri because it didnt get sent in time, but he will look tommorow or thurs. and see for sure…

It’s in the what? Seems the key word in your post got filtered. Maybe you could spell it like t-h-i-s.

Maybe I should wait for you to tell us what got filtered out in your post but I’m wondering how the doc could rule out certain things without having seen the MRI.

I’m not sure about the ligaments, being soft tissue, but an x-ray typically seems to be enough for docs to determine if there are growth plate issues or not. No doubt an MRI would be ideal.

[quote=“dm59”]I’m not sure about the ligaments, being soft tissue, but an x-ray typically seems to be enough for docs to determine if there are growth plate issues or not. No doubt an MRI would be ideal.[/quote]e l e c t r a …i think thats what he said, i dk, he’ll be calling today or tommoorw and ill write down what he says

I don’t know what that is. Sounds like you don’t either. When your doc calls, make sure you ask questions and have him explain things so you understand.

[quote=“Roger”]I don’t know what that is. Sounds like you don’t either. When your doc calls, make sure you ask questions and have him explain things so you understand.[/quote]haha yea i dont know either, hes callin my parents today and their writin everything down and asking some questions