New member from Singapore

Hey everyone…

my name is peter and i’m a 26 yo switch pitcher from singapore.

Hope to learn as much as i can here on this forum.

Singapore has a very small circle of baseball players, mostly expats from the US and Japan, and from the local American school. The bulk of the truly native players are converts from middle and high school softball, so pitcher’s are few and far between.

I started getting involved in baseball as a college student in Boston, and while working for 2 years in taiwan.

I currently throw like this:

lefty, mostly knuckleballs and curves, occasional fastball.
righty, mostly fastballs and curves, occasional changeup/screwball.

hope to hear back from u guys, especially asian pitchers near singapore… :slight_smile:

Peter

Welcome! What type of baseball leagues do you have where you live?

Well, its a very short league that runs from september to november if u make the playoffs.

Only 8 teams last i remembered.

1 japanese expat team,
1 team from the local American school (middle and high school kids)
1 converted softball team from a local club
then i think the rest are a mix of locals, american/canadian expats, phillipinos, and a few korean expats.

the army used to field a team but sounds like this year they’re pulling out.

If i’m not wrong, this upcoming season will be IBAF rules, 7 innings or 2 and half hours plus one inning whichever happens first.

venues are usually a problem here coz singapore is so congested. The usual venue is a converted softball field. The American school’s field has foul poles at just under 290 ft and i think center field at less that 330 ft. Pretty high fences but still a small field.

Wish things were different but that’s baseball in Singapore in a nutshell…

Hey man, I’m Niekrofan13 from the HQ. Good to see you finding places to expand your pitching knowledge as we all try to do here on this site.

HEEEY DUDE!!

thought it was you man…

man wish some of you guys were actually in this part of the world… people here don’t even know whether to run clockwise or anticlockwise on the basepaths here… or what a strikezone is…

jeez… its all about soccer and basketball here…

sigh…

anybody know any singaporean/malaysian members on these forums?

Welcome to the forum my friend! Glad you have joined the community!

[quote=“switchpitcherpeter”]HEEEY DUDE!!

thought it was you man…

man wish some of you guys were actually in this part of the world… people here don’t even know whether to run clockwise or anticlockwise on the basepaths here… or what a strikezone is…

jeez… its all about soccer and basketball here…

sigh…

anybody know any singaporean/malaysian members on these forums?[/quote]
Yeah man I know how you feel. Even though I’m in the USA Wyoming is not a baseball place. Don’t even have HS ball. Half the people here don’t even know what a change-up is.