New Hitting Video

Don’t know of any hitting websites and people here are very knowledgeable sooo… all opinions welcome!

You do some stuff that is good. Your swing is aggressive, you have a decent load and it looks like you have an idea of decent connection.

What you should be working on is maintaining your posture throughout your swing. Your head and torso jerk up off the baseball. This hurts your swing plane as well as your ability to rotate.

There is a very old thread on Setpro which discusses the “Lau Hitting Absolutes”

One of the points Paul Nyman makes is that he thought Lau’s absolute of maintaining a downward head position throughout the swing was beneficial in being able to keep your posture through your swing.

I don’t know how old you are but I think it’s a decent swing and you have something solid to build on.

So just keep my head on the tee even through the follow through? I thought that a slightly upward swing plane was good for creating “loft” in the swing, at least the leaned back postural tilt was associated with a powerful hack.

The point I am trying to make is that I think you could maintain your posture better throughout the swing.

A GIF of Adam Dunn with excellent posture throughout the swing courtesy of “siggy”

http://imageevent.com/siggy/hitting/analysis?p=4&n=1&m=20&c=4&l=0&w=4&s=0&z=9

I think this is a good example of setting posture/spine angle and turning.