Never Let Anyone Break Your Spirit

You are as individual as you are unique. You bring with you that silence of thought and experiences that are yours and yours alone. Oh, you can be instructed, taught, even convinced sometimes by others to believe certain things - but you can never be instructed, taught, even convinced that you are less that what you firmly believe is you.

This belief, regardless how small or fragile, is your spirit. That inner voice that says - enough is enough, I am, I can do this, I could less what others think about me, I’m here for a reason.

Being second guessed, sidelined, cut, not as tall or big, has nothing to do with your own self worth - THAT’S SPIRIT.

There are things that are out of your control, hopelessly out of your control - so don’t let those things control you. Don’t let others control you, don’t let circumstances control you, don’t let others control YOUR SPIRIT. Pride, self worth and self respect are all part of who and what your are.

At the end of the day, you can look that face in the mirror and know you’ve given a day’s work for a day’s pay. You know you’ve never let anyone break your spirit. Never.

Nice. One of my favorites is from Winston Churchill, who led Britain in its lonely fight against Germany in WWII before the U.S. jumped in the fray:

“Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never. In nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”