Need Some one to help me

Does anyone know about a offseason workout that they do that helps them out when there season begin or does anyone know about any specific excercise that could help me increase velocity. I throw 80 tops and im 18 yrs old i want to throw at least 85-89 mph before the college season tryouts start next year, i will do whatever it takes and i mean whatever (except steriods) to make that accomplishment. So please if anybody has any idea juss leave a comment. Thanks in advance

P.S
I know at least Roger and DM could help me out. Thanks again

Start a strength training program.
Eat healthy.
Throw regularly.

I’ll post some specific program examples if you’d like. Do you have access to a weight room?

yes please give me some examples, and i have weights in my house but not a lot i have from 2 pounds to like 25 pounds but the 25 pounds are used for chest.

also what kind of food should i eat and how many meals a day should i eat.

And how about if i cant throw regularly because i go to baseball practice about 3 times a week. Is that enough or do i have to throw everyday and about how many pitches a day should i throw?

buy tuff cuff you will get all the information you need ok. it has things to eat to Full Year workout that will make you strong.
The best money I ever spent on a book. I give tuff cuff an A and I think it is a good fit for your situation.

I was thinking on buying that book but i want to know if i could really gain velocity with that book, look my goal is this offseason/summer is to throw 85-89 so far i started working out on little things like my shoulders, biceps, legs,I have some j-bands, and running and mechanics, but i need more stuff to do because i cant be doing the same things everyday.
My workout routine is going to be everyday except for sunday. So if this book has everything i need and it will help me out in my goal just let me know.

Im throwing right now 78-80 only and im going to a D3 school starting september so thats why i want to throw more faster. So if this book is really going to help me out let me know thanks.

Well im going to start swimming and working out my legs, abs and arms out in the off season … 8)

ok no workout in the world will make you throw harder it will make you a better athlete. you in return need the mechanics to throw hard ok so work more on mechanics ok.

Tuff Cuff is the best workout on the market and was done by a pro just to let you know ok. Tuff Cuff will be better then any workout you try to create. So go out and buy it you will be better off.

What tuff cuff has done for me is improve strength, Made me heal quciker from start to start and all around mademe a better player.

but i dont think having a good mechanics will increase your velocity, u also need to workout to make your shoulder more stronger, your rotator cuff, your biceps, your legs,etc. u need to work all of that to at least gain 12mph in at least 3-5 month and thats what im trying to do.

The book tuffcuff has alot of good things in it, and $65 is nothing but then you have to buy more things so that you could really workout, and it will come out expensive, so i dont plan to buy it, because if it only wouldve have weights and bands it wouldnt be nothing but you have to buy more things.

Is there any other program out there that wouldnt be so expensive???

Hold on one second YOU ARE WRONG lol just kiddin with you, but you are wrong with the fact that mechanics will not increase your velcoity and the only way is training its the opposite.

Pitching is about mechanics if you don’t have them you don’t throw hard. Thats why you need to focus more on mechanics get them down and then work on gettign strongger which will only make you a better athlete.

Then when you are a better athlete you need to put the great mechanics to work. Do you really think tim lincecum is a the stronggest pitcher? He has good mechanics that allow him to throw hard.

So mechanics inseason and offseason and workout to get a better athlete but don’t compincate throwing for working out.

[quote=“kbm2589”]but i dont think having a good mechanics will increase your velocity, u also need to workout to make your shoulder more stronger, your rotator cuff, your biceps, your legs,etc. u need to work all of that to at least gain 12mph in at least 3-5 month and thats what im trying to do.
[/quote]

You come to ask questions but it looks like you think you know all the answers. And you are wrong mechanics will make you gain velocity on your fastball which makes RIstar right. I worked with instructors all winter and worked out at a level in which I know I could of done a lot lot more but still my velocity jumped 14mph to topping out at 86 at the beg. of my sophmore baseball season. It looks like you are emphasizing to much on your arms you should think core(legs,abs, lower back) then arms. That’s just my humble opinion.

alright, so how do i know that i have good mechanics what do i need to look for, because i have changed my mechanics so much time and i wouldnt like to change it anymore, because im afraid i will lose more velocity if i change it.

So what to you will be a good mechanic that will increase my velocity like i said before i throw 78-80 mph and i need to make it 85-89 mph before college season starts i willing to do anything and if mechanics will help i will do it. But i need to know what is a good pitching mechanic, because watching mlb pitchers confuses me because there are so many different pitching mechanics and i dont know which is right one so if somebody could help me please leave me a comment thanks.

Also ppl be telling to stride more, to move my hips forward, etc. But i dont know if im doing it right or wrong if somebody could post something that will help me in tis i would really appreciate it. Thanks

P.S
Sry for the essay but im really serious about this.

[quote=“kbm2589”]alright, so how do i know that i have good mechanics what do i need to look for, because i have changed my mechanics so much time and i wouldnt like to change it anymore, because im afraid i will lose more velocity if i change it.

So what to you will be a good mechanic that will increase my velocity like i said before i throw 78-80 mph and i need to make it 85-89 mph before college season starts i willing to do anything and if mechanics will help i will do it. But i need to know what is a good pitching mechanic, because watching mlb pitchers confuses me because there are so many different pitching mechanics and i dont know which is right one so if somebody could help me please leave me a comment thanks.

Also ppl be telling to stride more, to move my hips forward, etc. But i dont know if im doing it right or wrong if somebody could post something that will help me in tis i would really appreciate it. Thanks

P.S
Sry for the essay but im really serious about this.[/quote]
Mechanics are one piece of the velocity puzzle. Strength and conditioning is another. I have written essays on this subject to try and explain it to RIStar, but to no avail.

If you only have access to dumbbells and bands, I would recommend Ross Enamait’s book Never Gymless. Like the title says, it focuses on getting a complete workout without a gym. It uses a lot of bodyweight type work along with the bands. I think that you would be really happy with this results from this book. You can check it out at www.rosstraining.com
If you have any questions, I do have this book and base my workout regimen on it, so feel free.

[quote=“RIstar”]ok no workout in the world will make you throw harder it will make you a better athlete. you in return need the mechanics to throw hard ok so work more on mechanics ok.

Tuff Cuff is the best workout on the market and was done by a pro just to let you know ok. Tuff Cuff will be better then any workout you try to create. So go out and buy it you will be better off.

What tuff cuff has done for me is improve strength, Made me heal quciker from start to start and all around mademe a better player.[/quote]
Didn’t you get the book like a week ago?

kc have you seen results while doing the workout for that book?

Did you see velocity improvement or did it only make you stronger?

Because im only looking for velocity right now and try to gain more weight and get a little bit stronger but im focusing on my goal which is throwing 85-89 mph before this year ends.

I have seen amazing improvements in strength, quickness, explosiveness, speed - basically every physical attribute you can think of. I am not a competitive pitcher, but the principles behind the book should apply just as well. If you are unsure, you can go to that site and PM or e-mail Ross and ask what he thinks. He has been extremely helpful to me in the little questions that I have had. Just let him know your situation and your goals.

i emailed ross and he told me that he does not work with baseball, he told me that he could give me better conditioning and strength, but that he does not work with baseball.

Do you have anymore recommendation, i know about tuff cuff but the problem is you have to buy more things to do the workout.