Need some help with mechanics

Hi I am an American living in Finland. I am a pitcher for a team here, but need some help.

I played outfield and catcher in high school and have never really pitched before last year. My mechanics are terrible and I lose a lot of velocity throwing off the mound. I can throw just as hard or harder just standing still and short arming the ball. I don’t really know what to do. I’ve tried to change my windup and follow through, but can’t really get my body to do what I want.
The videos are pretty crude…but it will give you an idea of what I am doing.
Any advice on how to change my motion to stop losing so much power would be appreciated.

Thanks

I think you need to build more momentum during your stride. You appear to open the front leg immediately after knee lift and then casually step forward. You don’t look like you’re trying to throw the ball hard at all.

Try to keep the stride leg closed longer and lead with the front hip longer into your stride. Get yourself to move faster down the hill and then swing the stride leg out front faster. This will generate more energy to put into the ball assuming you have good mechanics and timing as well as the strength and flexibility to support everything.

yes i agree, your stride is too short and too slow.

Good stuff, Roger.

I’d like to add to this by saying that you are getting very little rotation out of your hips or your shoulders. You look to me like someone has told you to “land in a good fielding position” and you took that seriously, thus stunting your actual pitching motion. You need to “finish” better, after some seriously harder rotation.

Get the momentum Roger speaks of (sideways), rotate hard with your shoulders once the front foot lands and don’t stop that shoulder rotation. Finish!!

that mound certainly doesn’t help.

that mound is horrible

your not generating enough power towards the plate

yea def. stride longer, keep your shoulder closed longer than your hips. if you want to see an example of this, go to chrisoleary.com and look the analysis of the pro pitchers