Need Resistance Band Routine

I just got a couple of SPRI resistance bands (with grips)… I am looking for a daily and a pre-game/pre-practice routine to strengthen and warmup the shoulder/cuff. Does anyone have a link to a site or a youtube that might have a good routine. Dick Mills is touting his $97 DVD and the Jaegar site has the wrist type bands which are different.

Have you done the Jobes Routine before?

Jobe Tubing Exercises

These should be performed 3 - 4 times a week as part of your warm up before weight training or Baseball Activities.

External Rotation at 0 Degree Abduction -Standing with involved elbow flexed at side, elbow at 90 degrees and involved arm across front of body. Grip tubing handle while the other end of tubing is fixed. Pull out with arm, keeping elbow at side. Return tubing slowly and controlled.

Internal Rotation at 0 Degree Abduction -Standing with elbow at side fixed at 90 degrees and shoulder rotated out. Grip tubing handle while other end of tubing is fixed. Pull arm across body keeping elbow at side. Return tubing slowly and controlled.

External Rotation at 90 Degree Abduction (Slow) - Stand with shoulder abducted 90 degrees and elbow flexed 90 degrees. Grip tubing handle while the other end is fixed straight ahead. Keeping shoulder abducted, rotate shoulder back keeping elbow at 90 degrees. Return tubing and hand to start position slowly and controlled. Internal

Rotation at 90 Degree Abduction (Slow) - Stand with shoulder abducted to 90 degrees, externally rotated 90 degrees, and elbow flexed 90 degrees. Grip tubing handle with other end of tubingfixed straight behind. Keeping shoulder abducted, rotate shoulder forward, keeping elbow at 90 degrees. Return tubing and hand to start position slowlyand controlled.

Diagonal Pattern (D1) Flexion - Gripping tubing handle in hand of involved arm, begin with arm out from side 45 degrees and palm facing backward. After turning palm forward, proceed to flex elbow and bring arm up and over uninvolved shoulder. Turn palm down and reverse to take arm to starting position. Exercise should be performed in controlled manner.

Diagonal Pattern (D2) Flexion - Involved hand will grip tubing handle across body and against thigh of opposite side leg. Starting with palm down, rotate palm up to begin. Proceed to flex elbow and bring arm up and over involved shoulder with palm facing inward. Turn palm down and reverse to take arm to starting position. Exercise should be performed in a controlled manner.

Diagonal Pattern (D2) Extension - Involved hand will grip tubing handle overhead and out to the side. Pull tubing down and across your body to the opposite side of leg. During the motion lead with your thumb

Thanks Wales,

I have the following jobe excercises with dumbells that I have done:

I was thinking about using Jaegers program- arm circles, band work, long toss as a pregame and prepractice routine. Then I saw Mills site and he doesn’t like the wrist bands because it doesnt work the wrist and forearm muscles. He also hates long toss. He uses the grip bands and has a routine put together by an olympic coach. He is touting it as a total solution-practice, games, and post game. Of course he wants $97 for it. I wanted to get some opinions…

I’ve never seen anybody use Mills’ have to pay for content from his site.

He is very controversial, and is always changing his target market clientele.

I’ve been following his “free advice” emails since '05 it’s always amazed me how he’s been able to pick up one poster boy and then quickly dismiss him once he’s not doing well, Zito, Timmy etc.

I love the fact that he uses his son as an example when none of what he preaches was used to teach his son.

In my mind there’s a ton of better options out there aside from Mills.

I’d check into what Blewett has to offer same with Cressey as well. Font forget about baseballthinktank.com as well.

Wales,

I had the same issues with Mills. However, this pre and post game warmup routine wasn’t designed by DM. It was by an olympic weight lifting coach Angel Borelli who has a very impressive set of credentials and studies pitching mechanics. The only other comprehensive routine I have seem out there is Alan Jagers. I have seen various excercises on you tube but not a specific program devoted to a pre and p[ost game warmup, so I was intrigued by it…

Interesting stuff Doc, have you heard her podcasts before?

I checked out her site it looks interesting.

[quote=“Wales Diesel”]Interesting stuff Doc, have you heard her podcasts before?

I checked out her site it looks interesting.[/quote]

I checked out her podcasts. Had a good one with Dr Flessig. She really knows her bleep. She has some really impressive credentials in several different areas and real world experience with athletes. She is a reminder of how far in the dark traditional baseball is. It wasn’t Mills that drew me to the warmup program, it was the fact that she developed it.

She’s caught my attention now thanks to you!

I’ll be sure to follow them and see what she’s all about