Need More Velocity!!!

I’m 5’8" 160 pound left-handed pitcher with crappy velocity. It’s embarrassing to say this, but, I can barely hit 70 mph. I grew up playing nothing but rec ball even throughout high school. I attended a school w/out a baseball team until my senior year where I transferred to another school to play. I can’t afford pitching lessons, camps, or showcases of any sort. No one really taught me anything except the very basic stuff (basic wind-up, throwing a simple fastball, etc.) I’ve learned everything else on my own through research. But it’s not enough. No one really taught me anything except the very basic stuff (basic wind-up, throwing a simple fastball, etc.)
I just graduated and got a full scholarship (academic, not athletic) to University of South Carolina. I’ll attend in the fall and will do what I can to try and walk-on their baseball team. But I’ve got a long ways to go before I even stand a chance making the team. Could somebody please help me? I’m desperate and I want to play baseball more than anything.
Right now I’m using the TUFFCUFF pitchers program and I can tell its helping but I need more.

I want velocity too.

But…we really want a video of your mechanics. If anything its going to come from mechanics. We can help you out with your mechanics more than you think. Post a video. ASAP

I’ve got practice tonight and a game tomorrow and the day after. I’ll try to get somebody to video tape my pitching. Thank you for your help!

practice

Im a soph. in high school and throwing around 83-85 and will be better shortly. Throw long toss every other day, do band work to strengthen your shoulder, do med ball workouts, do alot of forearm and ab workouts. This is what I do, and it works wonders for me, but everyone is different, and you may not see a lot of gains but you should give it a try.

i agree with person above
really stress working on your core (back and abs) keeping it strong
and long toss
best ways to increase arm strength

Strengthen your legs. Look at Roger Clemens for example. (Dont use the roids though) :wink: