Need Help

Ok so ive had a major drop off in velocity…This summer I was sitting in the 87-89 range and occasionally would hit 92 but now all of a sudden my velocity has just disappeared and I havent felt comfortable on the mound since. I feel like there is some timing issues but I need a new pair of eyes to take a look. Thanks.

This video isn’t great, but overall you look pretty good.

You have excellent tempo, and your rhythm and timing look fine.

I’m not crazy about the long arm action you have in back (right after hand break) but it doesn’t seem to be hurting you (unless you say otherwise).

It could be just an intensity/intent issue? Could be you are tired and need a rest? Could be you need better conditioning?

Could be a little of all of these things.

The problem becomes, when you are throwing at the level/velocity you are at you a very much splitting hairs when it comes to mechanical efficiency and you really have to look at how you are throwing under a microscope and over a period of time to get enough background knowledge of what or where you may be “leaking” MPH’s (we are talking velocity here, if you are having command issues, or some other problem you have to incorporate that into your analysis and this may lead you down some different roads looking for causes).

So until you can provide more video with a lot better quality, it would be irresponsible to start making recommendations for change. Aside from the fact that making any changes at your age/throwing level would require a Herculean effort on your part.

[quote]The problem becomes, when you are throwing at the level/velocity you are at you a very much splitting hairs when it comes to mechanical efficiency and you really have to look at how you are throwing under a microscope and over a period of time to get enough background knowledge of what or where you may be “leaking” MPH’s (we are talking velocity here, if you are having command issues, or some other problem you have to incorporate that into your analysis and this may lead you down some different roads looking for causes).

So until you can provide more video with a lot better quality, it would be irresponsible to start making recommendations for change. Aside from the fact that making any changes at your age/throwing level would require a Herculean effort on your part.[/quote]

:bigtup: Absolutey solid points here! Consider them carefully.
What do you mean “disappeared”? Where are you sitting now?
You do look to over-rotate a bit but that won’t necessarily cause a significant drop in velo (Could effect timing). If you were gunned at the upper velo using you on a mound in cleats vs you in turf shoes on a temp mound, it may be as simple as that. My kid for example always guns slower in cold weather…many reasons and one pitch indoors on grainy vid won’t get you any real answers.