Need help on workout plan

I am 13 yo 88lbs. Im going into 8th grade. This is the equiptment I have for working out.

1. Dumbells (3,5,9,15,20)
  2. Bench Press & a leg press
  3. Wrist sqeeze things
  4. Big round ball like physio ball sort of thing
  5. Thera-band elastics

I start my fall season September 10th so I am looking to weight train like mon, wed, fri. Throw longtoss inbetween my workout days. Then the day before my game pitch from 60 ft.

Tell me if you think this is a good workout plan if not tell me what to add/subtract.

Mon: Upperbody Wed: Legs & Torso Fri:
Dumbell curls 12-10-8 system Squats 10x3 Little of mon & wed
Push-ups 10x3 Lunges 10x3 Then a 1mile jog
Shoulder exercises 2 times Leg press 10x3 3 sprints of 30 yds
Wrist squeeze 10x2 Sit-ups 10x3 Form Runs
Forearm curls 10x2 Crunches 10x3

How tall are you?

And one more thing, can you write out your plan in a way that is a little easier to read?

Sorry about that kc86
Height: 4’ 11"

Mon: Upperbody
Dumbell curls 12-10-8 system
Push-ups 10x3
Shoulder exercises 2 times
Wrist squeeze 10x2
Forearm curls 10x2

Wed: Legs & Torso
Squats 10x3
Lunges 10x3
Leg press 10x3
Sit-ups 10x3
Crunches 10x3

Fri: Little of mon & wed
Then a 1mile jog
3 sprints of 30 yds
Form Runs

Wow, when I was 13, I just focused on baseball, and that’s it. I had to yet even hear about any strengh training for baseball, I just enjoyed the game.

Have you ever considered doing any plyometric/sprint type work 2-3 times weekly?

And then maybe just incorporate a day or two of full body work. Something simple. At your age, I just keep things simple, you have plenty of room to grow, and just enojoy the game.

Focus on developing your rotator cuff. 2-3 times weekly, and incorporate sprinting into your routine 2-3 times weekly, and possibly add plyometric work to that.

If you’re a beginner, hold off on the weightlifting till after fall ball is over.

Thanks for your opinion but what is plyometrics & a workout schedule to do them in.

wow, u gotta eat alot lol, 88 lbs??? geez, u should be taking advantage of your growth by eating alot.

I do eat a decent amount. I load up on protein such as peanutbutter, turkey, chicken breast. And TRY and stay away from junk. Id say once a week i eat some junk

Okay, I am going to be really honest here, because I wouldve appreciated the same thing at 13 (not someone bs’ing with me).
Weight lifting will be a waste of time for you. Why do I say that? Your height and weight would lead me to believe that you havent hit your growth spurt yet (aka puberty) so weight lifting would have little to zero noticeable effect on you. And for most people, if you work out with no results, you get pissed off and just quit all together. Testosterone fuels muscle growth and development (as well as voice changes, etc.). If you wait til you see the physical signs of puberty, then you will maximize your strength gains. Until then, you would be fighting a losing battle.

So what should you do? I would go with lbarber’s suggestion of plyometrics. Sprint different distances- if you have a football or soccer field nearby, mix up quarter, half and full field sprints. Do some box jumps- feet together and jump onto box of gradually taller height. There are so many other exercises, just google “plyometrics” and you should find enough to keep you occupied for years. I would also try to find something that would enhance your coordination, like flexibility training or another sport. Most of the guys that hit their growth spurt early end up goofy and clumsy, so you might have a big advantage over them if you can improve in that area.

Other than that, I would encourage you to eat as much as possible.

Thanks very much I looked up pylometrics on google and it led me to http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw27.htm

It has a Beginner Athlete Workout. 9 weeks im probably goin to start that one. Does it seem like a good pylometric workout?[/url]

The beginner workout is mixed with weights. I think the other workout from that page would probably be better. I’ll try to break it down for one week of workouts.

Monday: Speed Day
5 min low intensity warm-up (e.g. jogging, cycling, bodyweight calisthenics circuit etc.) + dynamic stretching
Standing Triple Jump - 2 x 10 reps (2-3 min rest/set)
Box Jumps OR Depth Jumps - 2 x 10 reps (2-3 min rest/set)
Overhead Throw (Med Ball) - 2 x 10 reps (2 min rest/set)

10m sprint x 5 (1 min rest/set)
20m sprint x 4 (2 min rest/set)
30m sprint x 3 (3 min rest/set)
40m sprint x 2 (4 min rest/set)
50m sprint x 1

Wednesday: Increased Jump
5 min low intensity warm-up (e.g. jogging, cycling, bodyweight calisthenics circuit etc.) + dynamic stretching
Lunge Cycle Jumps - 2 x 10 reps (2 min rest/set)
Box Jumps OR Depth Jumps - 2 x 10 reps (2-3 min rest/set)
Tuck Jump - 2 x 10 reps (2-3 min rest/set)

5m sprint x 4 (30 sec rest/set)
10m sprint x 3 (1 min rest/set)
20m sprint x 2 (2 min rest/set)
30m sprint x 1

Friday: Speed Strength (Explosive strength)
1-3 circuits with 10-30 seconds rest between exercises

Burpees x 30 seconds
Mountain Climbers x 30 seconds
Skipping Rope OR Jumping Jacks x 30 seconds
Split Shuffle x 30 seconds

If i search on google could i find what all those exercises are? Are these

dynamic stretches:
http://orgs.jmu.edu/strength/JMU_Summer_2000_WebPage/JMU_Summer_2000_Sections/9_summer_dynamic_flexibilty.htm

Standing Triple Jump:
http://www.athleticadvisor.com/images/plyo_images/std_trpl_jump.jpg

Im looking on google and barley could find all these exercises.

Dynamic stretching is really anything that stretches out your muscles in an active way (as opposed to static stretching, like reaching down and touching your toes for a 10 count). Jumping jacks are a good example of dynamic stretching. The link you provided shows a lot of other good dynamic moves to use.

If you are having trouble finding any of the exercises, let us know. I should be able to help you out with pictures or videos of the different movements.

Thank you very much for all your help!!
I am going to start these workouts as soon as my broken thumb heals.

This is one with the 3 exercises: Burpees, Mountain Climbers, & Split Shuffle

Im missing tuck jump.

And also this may seem stupid but how do you measure a meter :?:

Tuck jump is when you jump and bring your knees up to your chest. Harder than it sounds.

And a meter is about the same as a yard.

Tuck Jump Video:

Other videos:
http://easyplyometrics.wordpress.com/plyometrics-videos/

hope this helps.

Thanks alot for all of you help