Need help mechanically wise, please analyze my videos!

Hi, Im a 6’5 215lb lefty going on raw abilities, i throw 84-86 topped at 88 in january, not much coaching looking for some help from anyone willing to give it. I got two videos of me throwing a light bullpen from 30ft. at about 50%. Just wondering if anyone can give me advice/tips on some mechanics…Thanks
side view

front view

Wow! Great size, great speed, and you’re a lefty. All real big plusses! Where are you playing right now? Organized ball or school ball? The biggest key for you is to get some exposure, because the raw tools are certainly there. Give us a little more about where you are, where you’re playing, etc.

I currently play college baseball at Mayville State University in North Dakota. I am a Freshmen this year, took a Redshirt last year. Never really had a high school coach, just had a guy that took us to games basically.

That’s fantastic! I’m really happy you’re playing school ball, because it’ll give you the opportunity to get innings. You’ve also really got to play summer ball, too. (maybe you already are.) It’s a little late to start looking now, but if you can, get with your coach asap to try to find a collegiate summer team. Look in Illinois, Ohio and NY. All have very good collegiate leagues for younger college players like you. Sometimes slots open up because players come down with injuries or get drafted…

Yup, already on a summer ball team, just wondering what are some major flaws that you can see in me when im pitching? Also, what are some ways that i can get noticed because, I’m from the middle of nowhere north dakota came from a small town of 150 people, didnt get really exposure there, and now where im playing college at not much exposure there, are there draft camps or anything i can go to that are relatively close because money is kind of tight dont think i’d be able to go across the country to attend them.
Thanks

Looking good. I will say though that you are not allowing your hips to rotate. In the side view, you’ll notice that your back foot hangs back and only comes up well after release. In the front view, it’s obvious that you’re holding rotation back. Let those hips go man. Rotate them and the back leg. Spin’ em.

It’s like you need to “allow yourself” to do it. Something’s stopping you. Fire away!! Same with the shoulders but I think the hip thing is the main culprit.

this is going to sound stupid but like how do you do it and when is the exact correct time to do it?

hips open just before foot plant and shoulders open at the same time your foot plants or just a bit after

Like OffSet said. Just before the front foot opens up to land, fire the hips and spin the back leg/foot. The shoulders stay closed during this and fire right at landing.

Damn, you have some size! Mechanical wise, it’s good how you get to the high cocked position pretty quickly. If you get some exposure, you have a nice chance at getting drafted.

what are some ways to get noticed/exposure?

no offense but there’s no way for you to honestly make that statement.

I like what I see here, and there is good potential. If you can get up and stay up in the 87-89 range with good control and offspeed, then you’ll draw interest. I’m not saying yes you will get drafted or no you will not, but there is literally no way for andrewlandofi to confidently make that kind of statement based on what he knows about you. There are too many other factors.

you say fire you hips before you plant your lead foot but when you do that your your lead foot is pointed at 90 degrees towards home plate i was told that you want your foot at like 75-80 degree range…or was i told wrong? i hope these questions are stupid like i said prior to this i have had absolutely no pitching coaching…

you say fire you hips before you plant your lead foot but when you do that your your lead foot is pointed at 90 degrees towards home plate i was told that you want your foot at like 75-80 degree range…or was i told wrong? i hope these questions are stupid like i said prior to this i have had absolutely no pitching coaching…

The good:

Tempo. I think you have very fast tempo–which results in faster whip of the arm. I’d like to see you keep up that tempo… consistently. You also look like you keep the forward momentum going to the target well… It’s just something that I don’t see a lot recently. Too many pitchers are slow and controlled

The not-so-sure/mediocre

I’m not sure if I like your arm action. You look like you are just slinging the arm back without much horizontal abduction (aka scap loading). Are you also taught that ‘arms are along for ride’? Just curious. Your arm action looks like Denny Neagle’s… fyi, he was stuck at 86~88mph and is not a good model for throwing the baseball. His career was saved and famed by his ability to get the batters out, but what could’ve happened if he could throw at mid-90’s?

For arm action, I think you can ‘pick up the ball with elbow’ and focus on ‘throwing with elbow’ for enhancing whipping action. Again, some will argue that it’ll increase the likelyhood of injury (which, I admit that they DO have a point), but for the sake of maximum capability of throwing, I suggest it. Like Kazmir below…

And try to finish your pitch in very quick fashion–not muscling, but think of quick arm. I’ve seen David Price pitching and his ultra-quickness on his ball release REALLY makes it difficult for batters to hit it

Just my two cents. [/img]

thanks i appreciate it alot, like i said earlier i have no coaching what so ever, im trying to soak in every piece of information i can get, im all raw

some people say to have your foot at 75 degrees but in order to allow your hips to fully open the foot must be pointed directly at the target or even a little open.

thats probably why you arent letting your hips go, too focused on keeping the foot 75 degrees

just let them go a few times and dont worry about the foot positioning

nick, good to see ya on here, it looks like u have changed your mechanics a little bit since summer ball last year, um, one thing that might be taking away from some of your speed is your anxtiousness to get into that high cocked position…also i remember in hs u didnt really use your lower half much but it looks like your doing that pretty good in this video, the time when you should enter the high cocked position is when your front foot lands…good to see anther ND person on here

yeah, i also changed my high leg kick to since this video and im just slowing things down to untill i go towards the plate

[quote=“bataboy19”]yeah, i also changed my high leg kick to since this video and im just slowing things down to untill i go towards the plate[/quote]thats the opposite your suppose to be doing, you want momentum, and forward movement, you just have to be able to control it