Need help before first game!

I have my first game monday… Havent pitched with a live hitter yet… Pitch with my coach just standing in the box and i would of taken his head off if he didnt move and when the pitch wasnt directly at him it was in the other box… I really think its just cuz im afraid to hit the batter but idk what to think when im on the bump…

I mean i pitch perfectly fine without a batter its just when there is a batter.

thanks
Greg

Mental mental mental

You never pitch to a hitter…you hit your spots as though the hitter isnt there. “Clear the mechanism”

Read this topic.

http://www.letstalkpitching.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3985

[quote=“Rick4569”]Mental mental mental

You never pitch to a hitter…you hit your spots as though the hitter isnt there. “Clear the mechanism”[/quote]

amen, it’s all mental just focus on the catchers mit and throw like there isn’t a hitter there

I threw wit a live batter today… I was sooooo surprised with how well i threw!!!

Because of it, I got moved from 3rd in rotation to starting pitcher!!

Wooo Whoo

You must have a pre-pitch routine. Here is what you do:

1. Set a goal for the pitch and mentally state it;
  2. Mentally state the word relax;
  3. Throw your pitch.

Repeate this procedure every time you throw a pitch and you will literally brainwash yourself to relax. The key to achieving peak performance on the mound is to remain relaxed. When you are relaxed both hemispheres of your brain will function at maximum capacity and that is when you achieve peak performance.

There is an excellent book out on the subject titled “Mastering The Mental Side Of Pitching.” It is published by Lulu Publishing and available at www.lulu.com. It explains why pitchers struggle with performance on the mound and what they can do to create positive change.

There is also another excellent program created specifically for the mental part of pitching called “Mind Mastery For Pitching.” It contains a DVD titled Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life, and a 30 minute CD titled Becoming A Winning Pitcher. It is available at www.hk-relax.com.