Need a big help

When I started to play baseball about… 3 years ago without any instruction, I had a habit of muscling the ball while throwing. As a result, head jerk, unrelaxed arm at the cocked position and its consequences have been nuisance to me. I have been trying hard to fix it, but no matter what I think to eliminate the upper body tension, I can resist it! Can anyone help me to stay my upper body relaxed?

Rather a complex problem, eh what? But there’s one thing I can tell you that might get you started on the road to correcting it.
When I was a kid I used to go to Yankee Stadium—the original ballpark—every chance I got, and I would watch the pitchers as they warmed up and pitched in games. I noticed that the Yankees’ Big Three—Raschi, Reynolds and Lopat—were all doing the same thing; they were driving off the lower half of the body, using the legs, the hips and the torso to generate the power behind their pitches. This took a lot of pressure off the arm and the shoulder. I saw exactly how they were doing this, and I made a mental note of it and started working on this on my own. How not to get a sore arm, I said to myself.
You might try working on this particular aspect of mechanics—really getting the lower half of your body into the process. Also, in combination with this you might try a different arm angle. I was a natural sidearmer, and I found that this is the easiest on the arm and shoulder of all the deliveries, so you might want to work with that for a while—you might find it more comfortable. 8) :baseballpitcher:

[quote=“Zita Carno”]Rather a complex problem, eh…[/quote]Hey, Zita! I didn’t know you were a closet Canadian? :smiley: Welcome. :allgood: