National Pitching Association

When did this happen? I see Tom House got some big big names to help him out, does anyone have any of the dvds he’s promoting?

http://www.nationalpitching.net/

And Roger is certified with them, so he can tell you what you need to know.

Roger: Is the National Pitching site worth joining at $50 a pop? Would it be a good thing for forum members to join? Why? (I’m curious what’s behind the magical door :-))

If you’re referring to the NPA’s advisory committee, I don’t know how long that has existed but it certainly contains some important names including Dr. James Andrews, Glenn Fleisig, Nolan Ryan, Orel Hershiser, etc. To see the complete list, go to the link DM posted above and then click on the “About Us” link. Supposedly, anything that gets published by the NPA gets run by the advisory committee first. That makes for some good checks and balances and represents a “feature” that I don’t believe the other “gurus” have.

As for the DVDs, I have a couple older ones and a couple newer ones. Anything in particular you want to know?

By becoming a member, you get access to the following:

1. 4-6 new articles every other month pertaining to all areas of pitching including mechanics, mechanics drills, strength and conditioning, strength and conditioning drills, nutrition, mental/emotional, coaching pitchers, etc.
  2. Access to the old article archive.
  3. Access to submit questions.
  4. Access to the FAQ’s.
  5. Access to occasional video clips showing specific drills or exercises (downloadable to video IPODs).
  6. Access to occasional recipes for nutritional snacks and drinks.
  7. Discounts on videos, books, apparel (shirts, hats, pitcher’s jackets), equipment (gear bags, mound rubber, weighted balls, elastic fitness cords, cold wraps for elbow, knees, shoulders), nutritional supplements, etc.

As to whether or not it’s worth it, you’ll have to decide that for yourself. I’d suggest that if you’re interested purchasing some videos, books, apparel, etc., then it might be worth it to join just to get the discounts. You may end up paying about the same but you’ll have access to the above stuff for a year. BTW, the website will show you both the member and non-member prices for the merchandise.

[quote=“Roger”]it certainly contains some important names including Dr. James Andrews, Glenn Fleisig, Nolan Ryan, Orel Hershiser, etc. To see the complete list, go to the link DM posted above and then click on the “About Us” link. Supposedly, anything that gets published by the NPA gets run by the advisory committee first. That makes for some good checks and balances and represents a “feature” that I don’t believe the other “gurus” have.
[/quote]

There’s no question that that’s a great feature on the NP site. After all, Tom House was a major league pitching coach for a lot of years. Many of those guys played for him. And he had a few more “sips of coffee” in the big leagues than, say, Mills. Or me, for that matter.

I’m happy to hear the National Pitching site’s worth joining. Thanks, Roger.