We just started practicing 2 weeks ago. This is the first time I have filmed it, so I can finally see we need to fix a lot of things. We’ve done Hershier drill, knee drill, working on his upper body and discussing his lower mechanics.
I’m trying to prioritize things we need to work on. There is a lot to work on. Please help me figure out my top priorities and what would make the biggest improvement, he’s about 60% accurate.
Things I see and how I think I should prioritize:
- Pivots his plant foot a little as he lifts his leg
- Looks like he’s jumping up with his plant leg
- Equal opposite needs to get higher and more balanced
- Looks like he pivots his hips and shoulder at same time. Having trouble explaining the bang - bang - bang of hips - shoulder - arm
- Glove hand is active turns it up but pulls back too far to finish. Needs to bring body to glove.
- Rotating towards 2B too much during leg lift
- Longer stride, but being on a mound should help that.