Mystery pitching troubles

I need help desperately.
I’m 18 and I play here in Australia, in our league we play only 20 odd games with a 5 week break 2/3 of the way through the season.
Here are my stats for the first 2/3 of the season.

W…L…ERA…SV…IP…K…BB…H…ER
5…1…2.02…5…40…35 …12…29…9

But since the break, the last 4 games ive pitched in ive given up 6 or more runs per game. And in all 4 games I’ve been pulled off the mound after a maximum of 2 innings.

I just don’t understand why it could be such a sudden decrease. Maybe I just lost confidence after being hit hard the first time and being pulled from the game early.
Maybe the batters are seeing the pitches better. Maybe I just dont have what it takes. I really dont know.
I feel fine when Im on the mound, Im not uncomfortable or anything, I feel like Im going through the same motions I went through before.
I admit that the field behind me hasnt been that great and they have missed a fair few routine plays, I am not a strike out pitcher, they know that.
I just dont understand why I cant beat batters anymore. I still hit my spots and stuff. I dont have a tonne of velocity but thats what has been my success in the past. Less speed more accuracy.
please help!

Heres my hitting stats just for the sake of it.
Avg…AB…H…RBI…R…BB…K…SB
0.433…60…26…9…18…5…20…6

Two or three things, first hows your arm? I remember last year you had arm issues and woudn’t go to the doctor. I hope you aren’t going to start that tooth pull all over again (Honestly, for people who really care it’s nerve wracking to see a guy not listen to advice on an arm issue). Second your strike out to walk ratio is a glaring problem. Where are you missing? Are you missing in the same spots or are you all over the place? Walking batters can get a marginal to weak defense all back on their heels and leads to more errors. You mentioned that you change speeds (Actually, go slower for more control), I can only surmise from the little you’ve given that you are having mechanics problems, has your coach mentioned anything?. Try to simplify things, work exclusively from the stretch…or even better post a video so some real mechanics folks (Not me) can look at what you are doing.

whatever it is, don’t worry, higher teams look at stats like that and hope you struggled a bit so they know you can bounce back.

Im not a strikeout pitcher though, im a groundball flyball pitcher.
Maybe the reason im getting hit so hard recently is because for the last 4 games, and im not joking when i say this, ive pitched NOTHING but fastballs. pure fastballs. and I dont have that much speed, I just hit my spots very well.
My catcher doesnt have confidence in my other pitches so he just always puts down a fastball, when i try to shake him off he doesnt listen and just puts down the fastball again.

There are 3 games left of the season, so in other words i have 2 weeks of the season left. Then its over.

[quote=“the_great_one42”]Im not a strikeout pitcher though, im a groundball flyball pitcher.
Maybe the reason im getting hit so hard recently is because for the last 4 games, and im not joking when i say this, ive pitched NOTHING but fastballs. pure fastballs. and I dont have that much speed, I just hit my spots very well.
My catcher doesnt have confidence in my other pitches so he just always puts down a fastball, when i try to shake him off he doesnt listen and just puts down the fastball again.

There are 3 games left of the season, so in other words i have 2 weeks of the season left. Then its over.[/quote]

I don’t think we’re getting the entire story. How can your catcher not trust your other stuff if you were 5-1 with it prior to the break? And if your fastball is getting knocked around then why does he still have enough confidence in it to keep calling for it? And doesn’t your coach have anything to do with what your catcher is calling? If you really feel that this is the case, then you must talk to your coach and your catcher and get on the same page.

He doesnt trust my stuff because he doesnt trust my pitching ability. He also catches to a 17 year old pitcher who throws 86mph consistently for strikes with a nasty curve, slider and change. He knows I cant throw any of them for strikes consistenly so he just puts down a fastball because i can hit my spots better with it.
And no, there is no communication between my coach and my catcher during the game. My catcher just wings it.

I was at training yesterday and asked for help from my coach and he took a look at my mechanics etc and noticed i was opening up way too early with my shoulders, my leading foot was turned outwards way before I had even begun to bring my arm foreward.
So at the moment I’m working on keeping my body closed until I release the ball.
And also I’m working on my curve, just to have another pitch handy.
I’ve gotten so used to throwing my fastball all the time now that I’ve forgotten how to throw my other pitches.
I used to throw a nasty screwball but i had to stop coz I had alot of trouble with my elbow last season.

1st off your stats arent bad.

Only thing I can say is you have to find your grove again, you get 2-3 even 4 good innings in w/o trouble I think you will be ablt to bounce back.

Just find that grove man. Take it easy on the arm, relax and just let your fielders do their job.

There are three games left of the regular season, so i have two weeks until the finals.
I don’t think thats enough for me to get my groove back but at least Ill be able to see where Im at with my pitching and work on it in the offseason. Theres about a 6 month break until next season.