My Workout/Weight gain Log

Since my season is coming to a close, I am now looking towards to the future. I’m in 11th grade, and this season was my first ever season playing in high school. The coaches gave me a chance because they thought I had some potential. I was put on the JV team so I could develop and learn the fundamentals as a pitcher on the high school level, and I’ve come a long way with that.

But now, I feel that it is time to get ready to be a Varsity Pitcher, and by that I mean getting a better pitching build. Right now, I am 16 (turning 17 in June), I am 5’9, and my weight is 175 lbs. My goal for the offseason is to gain around 10-20 pounds of muscle in the lowerbody/core. I feel that if I do this, my velocity will increase, and I will be able to endure the grind of a 3-4 month season.

I plan on starting my workouts probably around a month from now. But I am going to need alot of help reaching my goal, and I would really appreciate it if anyone had a weight gain program or a workout for me that will help me reach my goal of gaining 10-20 lbs., mainly in my lowerbody/core.

so u want to go from 175 to 195 or 200 pounds?? i think your way to increasing velocity is work your legs, and your core (abdominals)… also you should do more throwing while giving your arm rest at the same time i dont kno if gaining weight will increase your velocity

I am gonna be on a legit throwing program, doing long toss 3 times a week and 1 bullpen at the end of the week. I will gain velocity by working my lowerbody because i will get a stronger pushoff. By gaining weight in my lowerbody I mean that I want stronger legs, which means more muscle.

[quote=“Redsox05Repeat”]Since my season is coming to a close, I am now looking towards to the future. I’m in 11th grade, and this season was my first ever season playing in high school. The coaches gave me a chance because they thought I had some potential. I was put on the JV team so I could develop and learn the fundamentals as a pitcher on the high school level, and I’ve come a long way with that.

But now, I feel that it is time to get ready to be a Varsity Pitcher, and by that I mean getting a better pitching build. Right now, I am 16 (turning 17 in June), I am 5’9, and my weight is 175 lbs. My goal for the offseason is to gain around 10-20 pounds of muscle in the lowerbody/core. I feel that if I do this, my velocity will increase, and I will be able to endure the grind of a 3-4 month season.

I plan on starting my workouts probably around a month from now. But I am going to need alot of help reaching my goal, and I would really appreciate it if anyone had a weight gain program or a workout for me that will help me reach my goal of gaining 10-20 lbs., mainly in my lowerbody/core.[/quote]

Woah! Your baseball season is already about to end! :shock: Mine hasn’t even started, lol!

Good Luck Redsox, I will be following!