My routine

I’m trying to get the weight up. The part that kills me is when I’m at school. It’s hard to try and maintain a healthy diet at school because I can’t exactly cook there, so I usually don’t eat anything. But, I’m working on it: Basically right now I wake up have 1/2-3/4 cups of oatmeal, about 6 oz of orange juice, ON flaxseed soft oil gells, and 48 grams of ON whey protein with milk. I don’t usually eat anything at school, but I’ll have my Myoplex deluxe drink. Use a shaker bottle, and I also drink plenty of water while there, also.

I’m trying to work out something where I can have spaghetti with a little bit of sauce during my 3rd hour class, and then have steak at lunch with an orange, and maybe yogurt-preferably low sugar, then my mulitivitamin. I’ll let you know what happens.

New stats: come back in a week, back day was much more intense for me, went at a faster pace since I was working out alone, so I’ll post what I do next week…

Mondays: Back/bis
Warm up, jog, lunges, shoulder work for about 10-12 minutes…

Deadlift: New to this lift, been doing it for 2 weeks, 45x10, 85x10, 95x10, 135x10
Bent over rows: new to lift, 45x10, 55x10, 65x10, 85x10
Lat pulldows, 50x10, 60x10, 70x10
Seating rows
single arm rows, 45x10, 50x10, 55x10
Chinups, about 30 during work out, 3-4 sets
Shrugs-db’s, 55lbx10, 65 lbx10
Alternate curls, 20x10, 25x10, 30x6-8

Preacher curls-machine
pushups to failure-one leg in air-push up handles
rotator cuff
lower abdominals

Tuesday: Chest/triceps/shoulders
Warm up, shoulder work, about 10-12 minutes, some ab work in there-just to get my blood pumping, nothing extreme…

Bench press: Decline/flat/incline
Dumbell press: flat
Chest press: straight/incline-also works triceps
Butterfly machine
Tricep Pulldowns
Eazy bar skull crushers
over head tricep extensions
tricep kickbacks
Dips-not assisted machine
rotator cuff
abdominal work

Wed: off

Thursday: Bis/forearms
warmup

Alternate curls
preacher curls
barbell curls
forearm exercises, have 4 different types of exercises that I do for this one; they all coincide with using the barbell
rotator cuff
ab work

Friday: Legs/abs

Warm up-about 10-12 minutes-you know running, light stretching, lunges…

Leg curls, 50x10, 60x10, 70x8,20-30xfailure-good form-one leg-the one where you’re laying down on your stomach…
Leg extensions: 70x10, 85x10, 100x10, 110x10, 120x failure-good form to failure, then one legged-25-40lb
Squats-not machine, barbell! 45x10, 95x10, 135x10, 175x10, 195x8-going to change things up next workout-higher reps, 14-16 range.
Hack squats, 50x10, 100x10, 140x1-too heavy, 50xfailure, 25 lb plate on either side, two 25 lb plates on either side, 45 and 25 lb plate on either side
Calf raises
Calf machine
abs/lowerback
Rotator cuff-5lbs

I will update this thread in a week to let you know how many sets/weight I do for each exercise. Also, is there really a need to do the kickbacks on tuesday-since I have the other tricep exercises.

Note: I stretch lightly before each routine after I get my blood pumping, during my routine, and most importantly, after my routine.

In another thread a while back, I remember saying that I had stopped doing dips, but for the last couple of weeks, I’ve stuck them back in my routine because, well, there one of my favorite exercises. My shoulders feel fine when doing them.

Just to make it easier-I’ve posted this in another thread:

Supplements I currently take: ON 100% Whey Protein, ON flaxseed oil soft gells, ON ZMA, GNC MENS MEGA MEN, Cytogainer, EAS Myoplex Deluxe-take this at school with milk, and I usually stick a little bit of extra virgin olive oil in my protein shakes. Water, lots and lots of water, and I usually drink both water and powerade while I’m working out.

Alright, well, my opinion just changed on squats using the machine. I use both now. Barbell, and machine.

Today was a great day, did leg curls, leg extensions, squats, 45x10, 95x10, 135x10, 185x 10, 135x17

Machine, 25lb on each side, 12, 45lbxfailure…

Hack squats, 25 lb on each side x10, 45x8, 70x1, 25xfailure

Calf raises, calf machine…

Hyper extensions, 1x15, 1x15-25 pound weight, 1x12 35 lb weight

situps-decline

I guess I’ll just update this thread weekly to show my progress. My goal is 145-150 by season. If I can reach that, I believe I have a great shot at hitting low-mid 80’s consistently. My mechanics are sharp right now, work on them everyday, and I’ll start pitching again towards end of april. Season starts may 28, and I go down to rhode island on the 20th of June I believe-tournament for american legion.

Note: I prefer Barbell squats, machine squats will play a minimal role in my routine.

i just did a very short glance through what you were doing

i’d recommend adding cable crossovers for chest, i get a really good pump doing those

and for forearms i like ending my forearm day by simply holding heavy weight for as long as i possibly can, it’ll burn like hell but that’s the purpose right

all my squats are BB squats, i don’t have access to a machine squat and i probably wouldn’t use it if i did…only machine i use with legs is a leg press machine and i only use that maybe twice a month simply to get something different

with the dips, if you cross your legs and pull your feet up towards your butt you’ll get a better chest workout, if you keep your legs straightened down towards the ground, that should work your triceps a bit more

another chest exercise i like is using three chairs…one chair for each hand, and one chair for your feet…proceed to do normal pushups on these chairs, but since the ground is 2 feet below you theres nothing in the way that prevents you from going down and getting a really good stretch…hopefully that makes sense…if you feel like switching it up one day you could do opposed to the dips

cool, thanks for the info, yeah, I love doing Cable cross overs, too, it’s just that I didn’t do them that day, but I will definitely put them into the routine. I’ve only done it a couple of times, but it was a great burn. As for the dips, I didn’t know there was a difference if you hold your legs straight down, thanks. :smiley: I usually cross my legs together… I just became a member of Worlds Gym, used to go to a different gym with my pitching coach, but since I’m no longer working out with my pitching coach, I switched to this gym. That’s why I didn’t do the cable crossovers, I will definitely do them next workout. I’ll provide weekly updates of my progress, as well as what I do-sets/reps… And weight updates…

Yeah, I agree with you about the machine squats-not a big fan of them; I get a much better burn while doing the barbell squats due to the fact that were using more muscles to hold the weight up.

Have you ever tried doing hammer curls, but instead of actually performing the exercise, you just hold them out in front of you as long as you can.

Now that I’m familiar with all the equipment, you’ll see cable cross overs in my routine.

Now, what do you think of my chest/tri/shoulder day: too much, or does it look pretty good? Substitute out the butterfly machine for the cable cross overs?

look at our offseason routine on our website. if you want our inseason email me ( ill put that on our website too but havent done that yet ) im assuming you are a pitcher - make sure you have a throwing program that you follow everyday.
coachd_04@yahoo.com

Motto: Eat, Sleep, train, Repeat! Also, I eat when I’m not hungry, so If I feel 3500-4000 calories is insufficient, I eat more.

Here’s my diet.

Wake up

48 grams of ON whey protein, 1 cup of oats, 10-12 oz of milk, extra virgin olive oil-1-2 tablespoons in protein shake. ON flaxseed soft oil gells. Multivitamin with grape juice.

Meal 2: Spaghetti with 3 crusty rolls from pillsbury. The spaghetti is very healthy for me, only a few grams of fat, no transfats, 41 grams of carbs/7 grams of protein per 2 oz.

Meal 3: Same as meal 1

Meal 4: spaghetti, no crusty rolls, NOT PREGO SAUCE, homemade sauce-healthy.

Meal 5: Dinner-small-medium meal

Meal 6: same as meal 1

Depending on the amount of hours I have to eat, sometimes I have 7-8 meals.

Snacks: milk, water, a little orange juice, oranges…

This is what I’ve been eating these past few days, and will continue to eat. The spaghetti is cheap, and so are the oats, that’s why I will continue to eat them. I still use the cytogainer, but will only on training days-MON,TUES,THURS,FRIDAY… But, once I run out of this container, I’m not going to buy it anymore since it’s too expensive to keep buying.

My goal, 140 by march 13-realistic goal. Why march 13, that’s my birthday, lol… Anyways, My throwing program will start up in April, and great news, here in Anchorage, Alaska, my pitching coach just opened up a baseball training facility!!! So I’ll have a place to pitch in the offseason, and practice my hitting, and best of all, it’s right down the street from worlds gym-where I work out!!! :slight_smile:

Well, I’m not here to boast any sort of image, so I’ll be honest with all of you. I used to be a 4.0 student back in middle school, but then I became lazy, and decided to coast through school for about 5 semesters. In the process, I not only wasted my teachers time, but let two years slip away! It’s taken me awhile to realize what I’ve done, and note, I’ve never been into partying, nor have I ever touched any alcoholic beverage, or drug! I just failed to realize the mistake I had made, and are now paying the piper. In 13 months, age 18 will come, and in 13 months, I hope to erase the past, look to the future, and hope i’ll be given that second chance. I’ve been able to maintain a C average, but lets face it, a C describes mediocrity, and mediocrity is a sign of laziness. Not unless you’re in a A.P. Class, then it can be acceptable. Right now, I’m looking to major in Athletic Training.

I look forward to showing my progress, and in the process, if I’m able to accomplish the goals I’ve set out, inspire any individuals who have made similar mistakes to mine. Ill be providing weekly updates, and last thursday, I started my workout journal.

Weigh 132 as of this morning.