My progress toward becoming a D1 player at any position

jeter2 thank you very and very much for keeping updating. my dream is to become a professional player but because of an accident (it was really bad, i’m even on steroids treatment now) i currently cannot play. but that’s nice to come here and read throug your updates. thanks again for everything. best wishes to you :slight_smile:

Prishould thankyou so much hope your getting better.

Ok, Im going to start posting every day what I’m doing

Alright so I made a travel team for the Summer for 15u and it is a pretty good team and we will have tournaments in various places.

Also, highschool tryouts in 77 days

Ok so I live in a colder climate. I was wondering what temperatures would be safe for me to throw in?

Alright I’m back.

Tryouts are Monday for the high school team.
I also made a travel ball team that will play in the summer after the high school season and into the fall too.
Recently, I have been working with a pitching coach to help correct my mechanics and help me work on my pitches. My slider is beginning to develop nicely and I will be sure to show it off at tryouts.

Wish me luck!

Also, recently I have been experiencing elbow pain when I hit in my right elbow and I’m a righty. Could this be because I am hyper extending my arm? Should I go see a doctor? I will provide video footage of me hitting soon.

You are 15 or 16 years old, more than likely you are growing rapidly, many kids your age experience pain in the joints (knees, hips, elbows), as you are growing. Take it easy, if the pain persists, see a doctor. This quest to be a D1 player is a “marathon” not a sprint, you still have miles to go. Pace your self, you are still 3 to 5 years away from D1. Stay healthy, work hard and have fun!

Well I didn’t make the JV team because of my throwing metric being too slow at 61 mph which I know is slow for my age… All my other metrics were about average for making the team however. The entire tryout we were never even on the baseball diamond so we never actually got to play the game they only measured metrics but whatever. The funny thing was that I had the fastest time for the metric for whoever had the fastest throw to first due to my footwork and mechanics to make up for my velocity.

Since this is considered my 2 1/2 month offseason,

I have a work program I am doing that is 4 days a week that will help me gain some pounds and will increase my velocity as well. I will also try to get in a throwing session everyday.

I’m back, it has been a while.

My summer team started last week.

We have a tournament this weekend for Complete Game.

Summer is almost here so I will have a lot of time to work on my game.

June 19th, 2018
I did good pitching wise and hitting in the tournament. I went 2 for 5 with 2 walks as well. I pitched three innings and gave up 1 ER.

Im thinking about doing the driveline program, however it is in season. Should I be using weighted balls in season?

As for running, I’m thinking of changing my routine to something like this http://www.stack.com/a/baseball-conditioning
3-4 days a week along with long distance 1-2 days a week. I am also playing basketball at the moment which will help me improve my speed.

If you read up and follow a safe program like driveline you should be fine as long as your developed enough.

Distance and sprints are definitely good, I ran cross country for the first time this fall and did 200,400,800 and mile in track with my own spring workouts during baseball and my speed increased and overall it helped my whole body endurance, got my first complete game on 93 pitches and normally if I had a shot at one, I’d lose it because I’d get tired and struggle to locate my pitch and get off speed/breaking ball to work.

Ok,

does this mean I can do weighted balls years round?

Here is the program I’m thinking of using this summer to improve my game.

@ means it will increase in reps or distance

Monday:
-PVC Pipe Routine
-Rice Bucket Routine
-100 Push Ups@
-200 Dry Swings@
-Body Blade Routine
-Tee Velocity & Mechanics Program
-Basketball EGT Program (Elite Guard Training)
-Jaegar Long-Toss Program@
-100 Grounders & 50 Fly Balls
-100 Line Drives w/Hittrax Machine@
-Full Body Workout Program Day 1

Tuesday:
-PVC Pipe Routine
-Rice Bucket Routine
-100 Push Ups@
-200 Dry Swings@
-Body Blade Routine
-Team Batting Practice
-Sprinting/Conditioning Program

Wednesday:
-PVC Pipe Routine
-Rice Bucket Routine
-100 Push Ups@
-200 Dry Swings@
-Body Blade Routine
-Team Field Practice
-Full Body Workout Program Day 2

Thursday:
-PVC Pipe Routine
-Rice Bucket Routine
-100 Push Ups@
-200 Dry Swings@
-Body Blade Routine
-Pitching Lesson From College Pitcher

Friday:
-PVC Pipe Routine
-Rice Bucket Routine
-100 Push Ups@
-200 Dry Swings@
-Body Blade Routine
-Full Body Workout Program Day 3

Saturday:
-PVC Pipe Routine
-Rice Bucket Routine
-100 Push Ups@
-200 Dry Swings@
-Body Blade Routine
-Tennis Lesson
-Sometimes there are games on this day depending if there is a tournament

Sunday:
-PVC Pipe Routine
-Rice Bucket Routine
-100 Push Ups@
-200 Dry Swings@
-Body Blade Routine
-Double Header
-Long Distance Running after Game

Let me know if you have any questions and if you think I need to edit anything for the program. All help is appreciated.

UPDATE:

Height 5’11.5"
Weight 164
Year- Rising Sophomore
Positions- 3rd basemen, 1st basemen, RHP, and Outfield
Pitches- 4 seam, 2 seam, Slider, and Circle Change

Short term goals:
Pitch 80 mph by high school tryouts
Fix my elbow mechanic problems
hit exit velocity of 85 mph
reach 170 lbs

I’m not too experienced so I’d wait but I’ve seen over people with serious knowledge say their ok if properly used

Once I get the ok from my pitching coach on my mechanics, I will try to implement the driveline program right away in my throwing routine.