My pitching {video}

I’m charging the camcorder right now then I will upload the video to youtube.

I’m still having the same problem with back leg collasp and hip/shoulder seperation. Also the leaning back isn’t that bad anymore so that’s not a problem. I just need to learn how to rotate the hips before the shoulders.

Things I’ve noticed about my delviery that are wrong need to start to fix.

Need a longer stride because my Plant leg is at 90 degrees when I land and it collasp’s
Longger stride will help the back foot get the heal off the rubber and I will be able to turn the foot over way better because it will allready start to turn over.
Need to work on turnning the back leg over when my plant leg goes to turn over and plant.

Things I’ve imporved with one mound visit

Leaning back is not a problem like last time
Staying closed is not a porblem like last time

I’m not trying to be a robot people I’m trying to fix my mechanics to maximize velcoity. And I don’t really think to much when I’m on the mound I just work on a couple of things and throw to a spot.

The game got cancled so I pitched in a game verse my own team, I felt good on the mound and located good and my change-up dropped out of the air and struck out a few lol.

This video me throwing fastball 1st pitch of game.

This video is me throwing a change-up and my last pitch of the practice for a strike out.

Tell me what you see that is good and what you see I need to improve on Please.

Thanks JP

How fast do you throw?

IDK how fast how do the mechanics look.

Your mechanics look fine

you look a little forced to go that fast and it doesn’t really look natural. Looks like you step slightly to teh third base side, but that might just be the angle

What do you mean I look forced and natural?

And yes yesterday I was stepping a little towards 3rd base side I’m going to fix that next time I go out and pitch.

it looked forced and not natural?
not foreced and natural? it just looks like you’re hurrying through your delivery.

It’s very natural for me.

Im not hurrying through my delivery at all you prob think that because my hips get going soon and quick but it’s normal to me ok.

Do you see anything else I need to imporve on. I just noticed I have to pull the glove in better anything else?

This could be just me, but it looked like you slowed down your arm just a bit when you threw the changeup, but its tough to really see with two separate videos

Your release point on the change up is higher than the fastball.

WOW I never noticed it I will try next time to get it the same ok.

Is there anything else I need to improve on?

It really looks like your back shoulder dips down towards the rubber. I’m not sure of how bad of a thing it is but also what I noticed is your arm seems to be really tight as you break it from your glove. It seems like your speed is so forced that even getting the ball out of your glove is very stiff and muscled.

Ok I’ve been thinking about it and it seems like your throwing the ball hard the second your hand leaves your glove. I’m not sure exactly how to describe it but it looks really weird. Like you lean backwards once your hands break and then your glove seems really stiff out forward sort of like the old timer pitching style when you lean really far back and then the glove goes all weird. I don’t know how to describe it but it doesn’t look natural.

What when I sweep the glove around? Thats 100% normal and something roger clemens and Scott kazmir does. beside I looking Weird lol maybe it’s in your head what else is wrong?

No no forget what I said I’m having trouble explaining it. Like it really looks like your back shoulder tilts really low and your front shoulder is brought up high. I’m not sure if this is an attempt to get power and it’s also hard to tell from the angle. If you look at the two guys you mentioned Clemens and the other guy their shoulders seem pretty level they dip a little bit in the back but everyones does. Now look at Sandy Koufax (sorry for spelling I know that guy might flip out on me) See how his back shoulder drops really far down and his front one pops up. This looks more like what you do, but I don’t see many pitchers now doing it, thats why I don’t know if it’s bad or not.

ok.

Im confused how to get the hips to point at the plate when I plant the leg can someone help me with this?

work on your attitude lol:P
after u pitched the c hangeup you walk like a frigin women XD

well, the chng up is indeed higher^^ how you hold it btw? cuz i see alot of change on the speed

[quote=“RIstar”]It’s very natural for me.

Im not hurrying through my delivery at all you prob think that because my hips get going soon and quick but it’s normal to me ok.

Do you see anything else I need to imporve on. I just noticed I have to pull the glove in better anything else?[/quote]
yes, i see other people who do it, and they don’t look as hurried as you

i saw that you said that u throw high 70’s and im sorry but it looks like you throw high 60’s im 13 and i have a brother thats 15 that throws mid 70’s and ive recorded him throwing before and his looks 100 times faster i dont think you even hit 70 :?: :?: :?: