My offseason program

Well, baseball is going to be ending here pretty soon, and I have a few goals I’d like to accomplish over the offseason… First one being, gain weight! Goal: 1.5-2lbs a week.

Plan:

Monday: Back/Bi

Dumbbell Single Leg bench Squat: 4x6
Sumo Deads: 5x5
Barbell Rows: 3x6-8
Seating Rows: 3x8
Hammer Chins: 3x failure
Rotator Cuff

Tuesday: off

Wed: Chest/tri

Stability Ball Dumbbell press: 4x8
Dumbbell Incline press: 4x8
Chest dips: 4x10 bodyweight
Overhead Tricep Extensions: 3x8
Tricep Pulldowns: 3x8
Rotator Cuff

Thursday: off

Friday:Legs

Back Squats: 4x8-10
Walking Lunges:3x8
Glute Ham raises: 3x8
Barbell Front Squats:3x8
Calf Machine
Rotator Cuff

Saturday: Off

Sunday:

Sprint Work on tread mill

Monday: Repeat: Deadlift every other 2 weeks.

Single Leg Bench Squat: 4x6
Good Mornings:3x8
Barbell Rows: 3x6-8
Seating Rows: 3x8
Hammer Chins: 3xfailure
Push ups
Rotator cuff

I will also be utilizing Captains of Crush grippers into my routine. Mondays:wed:fridays:

Supplements:

Lactose intolerant-so I use WPI protein

Protein:

ErgoPharm GF Pro Cherry Protein
Substance WPI Grape/chocolate Malt
Xtreme formulations cassein night time protein-chocolate

BCAA: Scivation Xtend grape

Creatine: Man Clout

Energy: Man Body Octane

Antioxidant: DS Vigor/Scivation Noxidant

Multi: GNC Mega men

Fish Oil: Now Super EPA

Increase Appetite: Controlled Labs Black Hole: we’ll see if this works…

Green Tea: Primaforce lean green

Bulk Citruline Malate: Bulk Leucine

USP labs Cissus Rx: Customer for life

USP labs Powerfull: it came with cissus rx: combo sale: So I may try it out. Not sure if I will though. Maybe down the line, or if I hit a plateau.

NOW Ginger root

Foods: I eat every 2-3 hours…

Oats
pasta
lactose free milk
Steak
Chicken Breast
Whole Wheat bread
Skippy Natural Penut Butter
Smart balance spread
Wholewheat english muffins
Whole Wheat French Toast
Extra Virgin olive oil
etc… I hate vegetables! I’ve tried to man up and eat them, but I really, really hate them, and don’t see myself eating them everyday.
But yeah, there’s more, but you probably know what other stuff I’ll add.
Basically, I’ll be doing a clean bulk.

Calories, we’ll, my goal is to gain 1.5-2lbs a week, so I’ll just eat to gain that amount.

I have a feeling I’ll have to eat 5500 plus calories eventually, but I’ll be ready for when that time comes-should be fun, lol…[size=18][/size][size=12][/size]

Alright, well, I’ve decided to switch over to a 4 day split. Upper, lower, upper, lower.

Here’s what I’ll be doing. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated…

Time Frame for Each Workout: Goal: 40-50 minutes

I’ll either do upper, off, lower, off, or upper, lower, off, upper, lower, off, off. What do you think?

Sunday: Upper

Dumbbell press: 3x4-6
Barbell bentover Rows: 3x4-6
Weighted Chest Dips: 3x4-6
Dumbbell Shoulder press: 3x4-6
CGBP: 3x4-6
Seating row: 3x6
Rotator Cuff: Internal rotation-there bands,
External Rotation: 5lb Dumbbells

Monday: off

Tuesday: Lower 1

Back Squats: 3x8-12
Stiff Leg deadlift: 3x8-12
Walking Dumbbell Lunge: 3x8-10
Leg Press: 3x8-10
Standing Calf Raise: 3x8-10
Seated Calf Machine: 3x8-10

Wed: off:

Thursday: Upper 2

Dumbbell press: 3x8-12
Barbell bent over Rows: 3x8-12
Weighted Chest Dips: 3x6-8
Dumbbell Shoulder press: 3x8-12
CGBP: 3x8-12
Hammer Chins: 3x10
Rotator Cuff: Internal rotation-there bands,
External Rotation: 5lb Dumbbells

Friday: off

Saturday: Lower 2

Sumo Deads: 3x4-6
Single Leg Bench Squat: 3x4-6
Walking lunges: 3x10
Front Squats: 3x6-8
Seated Calf Machine: 3x6

During Workout Nutriton:

Scivation Xtend or Anabolic Innovations Excell
Substance WPI or Anabolic Innovations WPI
Bulk Citruline Malate
Water

I like the upper, lower, off, upper, lower, off, off.

Just curious, why did you decide to switch your split?

Well, I’ve heard quite a few people like the upper, lower split, and have had pretty good results with it, so I decided that I’ll try it out, and see what sort of results I can get with it. In the long run, it all comes down to diet, then training, and I feel I should be able to get good results with this program. But it all comes down to whether or not I can keep up in the food department, which should be a challenge on its own. Seeing how baseball is about to end pretty soon, I’ll be posting a log of my training on here. Probably in this very same thread.

“Road to 90” is what I’ll call it, since that’s the ultimate goal in the long run.

The split looks good for rest.

A difference from my program is I usually do 6 sets of squats on lower 1, 6 sets of deadlifts on lower 2. Interested in your experience with 3 sets of each, let me know how that goes, I’m curious what you think.

Have you considered any olympic lifts or hybrids, I’ve been using them for a few weeks now and I really like them. Feel like I am able to get better gains in all areas. Also I’ve read the common individual can only recruit 50% of their muscle at once, but olympic lifters can recruit some excellent number like 85%+ (don’t know the exact figures, may have to try and find it though) This is where people will say lifters are the best athletes cause often they can run with sprinters for 25 yards because they explode so well. (even though they aren’t training as sprinters). Assuming the concept with the muscle recruitment is correct I would think it could be beneficial for pitching.

Any opinions on this?

Also, looking at your supps, did you quit using creatine. Just wondering cause I had thought you had used it a while back. (Maybe just switched brands and I don’t recognize the name lol)

Yeah, I would love to do hanging cleans, but I have a hard time performing the exercise on a consistent basis. One of the reasons why I no longer do them. But I may change out dumbbell push press for the push press.

It’s been a while since I’ve used creatine actually. Last time I used it was when I worked out, which was a little while ago. I’ve been rehabbing a strained left oblique. The only supplements I’ve been using on a day-day is Ginger root, Fish oil, multi, and WPI. And depending on what I’m doing that day, a bcaa (scivation Xtend). I was using Cissus rx, but I finished off both bottles… :frowning:

Yeah, centerfield, I think I read something about that, too. Not sure where though, but it makes sense that performing those type of lifts would cause someone to be more explosive. I actually experienced that first hand going into the season. I felt more explosive when running the bases, and I’m actually faster then what I was last year, not to mention I can jump higher, too.

Man Clout uses Tricreatine Orotate. http://www.manb2p.com/products_clout.html

I’ve heard great things about it, and plan on doing a 50 day cycle of it stacked with Man Body Octane.

I was planning on purchasing Black hole from Controlled labs, but I think I’ll try that out as I get further into my training. This way, I’ll find out how well it really works.

Here’s sort of the diet I have set up.

Wake up: 1 scoop of gf pro cherry protein.

30-45 minutes later…

1/2 cup of oats to eat sprinkled with Ground Cinnamon; 2 fish oil
Shake:
1/2 cup of oats; 1 scoop of substance wpi chocolate malt; 2 tbsp of peanut butter; 8-10 oz of milk; banana

Meal 2: 4-6 oz chicken breast; 1/2-1 cup of fresh spinach, 1 cup of oatmeal, 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, milk; multi, ginger root.

Meal 3: Same as meal 2; 2 fish oil, vigor/noxidant

Meal 4: post workout: 1.5 scoops of Cherry WPI, 3 scoops of palatinose or 1 cup of oats, Crystal light fruit punch, 10 grams bulk leucine. Vigor/noxidant

Meal 5: Barilla Plus spaghetti, homemade sauce, 1 scoop of cherry wpi, 8-16 oz of milk, 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil. Or 1/4 lb of ground beef/1tbsp of extra virgin olive oil instead of shake. Multi, fish oil, ginger root. benefiber

Meal 6: pre-bed shake:
1 scoop of xtreme formulations ultra peptide chocolate
2 tbsp of peanut butter
8-10 oz milk.
Benefiber

I’ll be posting up what I eat on a day-day basis, too when I start my log. I’m actually quite excited for the year to come. This winter should go a lot smoother then last winter since I understand a little more about nutrition, and different training techniques. Not to mention I’ll be doing my first weighted ball training early next year utilizing 4, 5, and 6 oz balls.

How many calories are you looking to take in a day? what macros (carb/pro/fat)?

I actually don’t worry too much about macro ratios. I take in efa’s with each meal, except post workout, and I aim for 1.5-2 grams of protein per lb.

I’ll be taking in 3000 plus calories to begin with. My maintance is somewhere around 2500 (more or less)… I don’t worry about ratios-I’ll just do whatever it takes to gain 1.5-2lbs a week. That’s my goal. I train around 5 p.m. I then take my post workout shake when I get home. It takes about 12-15 minutes to get home from the gym, so I’ll have my protein shake around 6:30.

My workouts last 45 minutes on average, and following my workout, I’ll stretch for about 15 minutes.

Meal 5 is then around 7:45. After about 8-8:30 p.m. I only consume protein/fats. One advantage with my bodytype is that it’s hard for me to put on fat. But in saying that, it’s also incredibly difficult to gain weight. :frowning:

I’m not too worried though-it’s all about consistency. If I’m able to stay consistent with my diet, and force myself to eat even when I don’t want to, I’ll make progress. I’ll let the log speak for it self when the time comes.

Well, I’ll be starting my log next sunday! I ordered my supplements last night, so they should be arriving around thursday I hope!

I’ll be using the following supplements during my log.

GF Pro Cherry Protein
GF pro Dutch Chocolate
Substance WPI Chocolate malt
Xtreme Formulations Ultra peptide chocolate: 3/4 container left
Substance WPI grape
Anabolic Innovations Punch WPI

Creatine: Man Clout
Antioxidant: DS Vigor
Fish oil: Now super epa
BCAA: Scivation Xtend Grape/AI Excell tropical punch (3 scoops each workout).
Bulk Citrulline Malate: 6 grams added to pre/during workout shake
Bulk Cissus
Now Ginger root
Mega Men Multivitamin
3-4 cups of Green tea a day.

I will be replacing Xtend/substance wpi grape with AI Excell Tropical punch/AI punch WPI once my xtend runs out.

I may also add Now Spirulina Powder or Green Foods Magma plus to fill in any nutritional gaps.

“3x8-12”

^^^

What does that mean?

its all deadly

3 sets x 8-12 reps…

Deadly???

[quote=“lbarber4”]3 sets x 8-12 reps…

Deadly???[/quote] :lol: i was jus watching wedding crashers and they said that when i was posting that message, it means its looks good

haha, lol, wedding crashers is good movie!

its my alltime favorite along with dodgeball, waiting, grammas boy and anchorman

Don’t forget Talledega Nights. That movie was hilarious.

is that even out yet, i havent seen it

I’ve decided to scratch out my program, and will be buying a program from Mike.