My New Mechanics

I don’t what any sugar coated posts I want the cold hard facts
It was like 22 degrees out boy it was freezing

I ain’t no mechanical genius but, you look like your stride is not only on your heel but like you aren’t balanced.

Are you going to cover first after the pitch?

It’s not easy pitching in jeans.

So to sum it up:

Awkward stride
Possible postural issues
Wearing jeans

The jeans were the heaviest pants I have, I’m a very awkward person also jean might not help, trying to fix it,posture working on

and know I wasn’t going to cover first my body just lost balanced maybe cuase the shoes I happen to be wearing were slip ons

[quote=“futureKazmir”]…

and know I wasn’t going to cover first my body just lost balanced maybe cuase the shoes I happen to be wearing were slip ons[/quote]

Well get it right and make a proper video so you have no excuses

looks like you pump your leg very fast, then go very slow, then try to go fast again. it works for nolan ryan but i don’t think it is working for you. i would recommend getting more out of your lower body. i don’t see much out of your legs. get sometension going in those legs and get it to go through your body.

that’s where i would start.

Haha I don’t think that’s what he was asking to be analyzed. I doubt it adversely affects his mechanics.

[quote=“Spencer”][quote=“futureKazmir”]…

and know I wasn’t going to cover first my body just lost balanced maybe cuase the shoes I happen to be wearing were slip ons[/quote]

Well get it right and make a proper video so you have no excuses[/quote]

Couldn’t agree more.

What’s the point of making a video when you aren’t properly prepared?

If you really want opinions make sure you are prepared otherwise you’re just wasting peoples time or giving them a good laugh.

I just threw it on so calm down there buddie :lol:

[quote]looks like you pump your leg very fast, then go very slow, then try to go fast again. it works for nolan ryan but i don’t think it is working for you. i would recommend getting more out of your lower body. i don’t see much out of your legs. get sometension going in those legs and get it to go through your body.

that’s where i would start[/quote]

How do I do that

I paused the video periodically throughout it to see things better,

heres a positive i saw:

you get good extension, youre really out over your knee when you release the ball.

something to work on, you look like you are throwing uphill a little bit keep that front shoulder down, and you seem to be opening up a bit.

you also have pretty bad recoil after your finish, thats not a mechanical thing its just not good for your arm

MaineBall thanks after you pointed those things out I noticed them to thanks alot

that’s 80 mph?
awkward mechanics, but you are explosive!

that is NOT 80 mph and not explosive at all. It looks explosive but it is really not just alot of wasted movement that makes it look that way.

First of all, no one ever claimed it to be 80 miles per hour. Second of all, do you see a radar gun on the screen? Who are you to say if it is 80 mph or not. There are many people with awkward deliveries that throw 80 mph or even harder. 80 mph is not that hard, the average high school varsity pitcher in 2005 was 78 mph from a survey taken in all 50 states.

The only awkward motion was at the end where he fell off to his glove side. Other than that he might just be rushing himself.

I cant see it that well from this angle, but it looks like ur throwing straight then pulling ur arm to the left side, wich makes u fall of? try throwing more straight and follow throw just more beside your body, and not turn it into a side arm follow thro or something. then again, hard to see from this angle

sorry, I got the 80 mph from another thread in which this pitcher claimed to top out at 80 mph. Maybe that’d an exaggeration maybe not, I don’t know

im sorry that wasnt directed at you at all, the guy above me…

I didn’t even see your post.