my mechanics

Will you look at my mechanics?

I am sorry for not throwing, I live in minnesota where there is about 10 degree weather and a foot of snow on the ground now. I could only make due with the towel. I also know that my glove arm is funky. I’m trying to fix it.

It says “Video Private”. also if you live in MN they why are you posting vids on the UK’s version of u-tube

changed videos to public and I have no idea why they are on the UKs youtube

I can’t really tell (and people feel free to correct me) it looks like your hips open early

Priceless,

futureKazmir is correct … compare your motion to Clemens’ at the top of the page. Your Front Knee opens like a gate, brings your Hips along for the ride and causes you to throw entirely with your Upper Body. Later in your career, more patient Hitters will feast on the control issues caused by your current Lower Body action.

The Correction: Simplify your Starting Position. Currently, as evidenced by how far your Front Knee behind your Bellybutton in your Starting Position, your Lower Body completely twists . Just as Clemens does, simply your Front Knee position in your Starting Position (Clemens Front Knee stays well in front of his Bellybutton). This simple adjustment gives you a chance to load your Lower Body throughout your motion instead of losing your Lower Body as soon as you begin your motion.

L.A. “Skip” Fast
Professional Pitching Solutions
http://www.professionalpitchingsolutions.com

deleted

pal020,

Not that your posting brought anything to this forum, but, to keep you happy, I’ve corrected the name on my posting.

To keep “Priceless’” forum pure … Why not delete your posting and then I’ll delete this posting?

L.A. “Skip” Fast

[quote=“Professional Pitching Sol”]pal020,

Not that your posting brought anything to this forum, but, to keep you happy, I’ve corrected the name on my posting.
[/url][/quote]

I think he was just trying to clarify which pitcher we’re referring to. Thanks for clearing it up!

[quote=“Professional Pitching Sol”]pal020,

To keep “Priceless’” forum pure … Why not delete your posting and then I’ll delete this posting?

L.A. “Skip” Fast
[/quote]

I will gladly delete my post, but I would like to discuss your theories further in another thread. I have some serious questions about what you’re teaching and while misspellings do not change your pitching knowledge, when you consistently misspell the name of one of the best pitchers ever, I think credibility comes into question.

It’s hard to say much about this kid since he isn’t throwing a ball.

However, I think the comments above are way off base.

I will try to get a video of me throwing. So according to most of you my foot while striding opens up to quickly?

[quote=“Professional Pitching Sol”]Priceless,

futureKazmir is correct … compare your motion to Clemens’ at the top of the page. Your Front Knee opens like a gate, brings your Hips along for the ride and causes you to throw entirely with your Upper Body. Later in your career, more patient Hitters will feast on the control issues caused by your current Lower Body action.

The Correction: Simplify your Starting Position. Currently, as evidenced by how far your Front Knee behind your Bellybutton in your Starting Position, your Lower Body completely twists . Just as Clemens does, simply your Front Knee position in your Starting Position (Clemens Front Knee stays well in front of his Bellybutton). This simple adjustment gives you a chance to load your Lower Body throughout your motion instead of losing your Lower Body as soon as you begin your motion.

L.A. “Skip” Fast
[/quote]\

I am confused by what you mean, my starting position, you mean like how my feet are positioned when I lift my leg or when I actually lift my leg?

It’s impossible to say since you aren’t actually throwing a ball.

Priceless,

Kinetic Pitching Chains explains the importance of your Starting Position.

To clarify your Front Knee movement …I am addressing “how” you lift your Front Knee. I recommend you lift your Front Knee up to and even with your Front Hip. Until you get comfortable with this new position, consciously keep your Front Knee between your Front Hip and your Bellybutton.

As far as your Front Foot position is concerned, I have found that your Front Foot position is dependent upon your Back Knee and Hand positions. After you make your Front Knee adjustment and after I see you new motion, I’ll be able to better address your Front Foot position. (The last thing I want to do is fix something that may not need to be fixed.)

Typically, after making this simple adjustment, you’ll experience improved ball control, use less effort during your motion and still maintain velocity.

L.A. “Skip” Fast

Pro-pitch-sol…how do you adjust mechanics based on the towel drill…not sure I understand.

alright now I am not doubting you Professional Pitching Sol, but isn’t it when ever you lift your knee that your knee is between your belly button and your front hip naturally? I mean Tim Lincecum and Erik Bedard twist their hips until they are having their back facing the plate. I mean it is impossible to point your knee toward the SS at the top of your leg lift while keeping your torso perpendicular to home.

I guess I am just wondering if you mean just stay more square towards the plate (like Greg Maddux)? If you do I perfectly understand , if not please clarify more.

In no way I doubt your knowledge, but am just curious as to what you mean.

jdfromfla,

I need to understand what makes you think Priceless will alter his towel drill motion when he actually goes to throw a pitch?

Why not use his towel drill motion to help him improve his motion?

It’s extremely clear to me that Priceless’ Starting Position in his towel drill disrupts his Core and forces him to land in a less than balanced athletic position. If this happens in a drill, it will happen on the mound!!!

L.A. “Skip” Fast

My definition of an Athletically Balanced Position: The Pitchers front and back halves, when separated by a vertical line from the Head to the ground, form a mirror image of one another.
My defintion of a Core: The vertical axis than runs through the center of a Pitcher’s Head to the center of the Pitcher’s Hips.

Little things like a mound and a baseball. The towel drill in my experience is used as an aid in helping a pitcher understand finishing and release point
I just haven’t seen pitching coaches that I’ve known actually make mechanics alterations based on 3 examples of the towel drill (Particularly 3 rushed examples in a environment that Priceless is presenting). That doesn’t mean it can’t happen, just that I haven’t experienced it. So I wondered. My son uses it (The towel drill) and I wouldn’t feel very comfortable with someone trying to alter his mechs based on that. Have I clarified my question?

I’m not trying to be argumentative but I can show you many examples of drill work that wouldn’t necessarily translate into mound application, drills meant to make a pitcher cognizant of certain aspects of the delivery but not meant to be actually incorporated into the delivery, just done to allow an understanding or perception of a portion of the bodies delivery. Just an example is any drill which begins from the power position…why? Because in the delivery process the body itself never “stops” within the delivery process. Thusly in the drill you may do it for purposes of understanding a particular motion but it wouldn’t translate to your actual mound performance.

I think a reason my delivery is out ofwhack is because I fly open with my glove arm, which in it causes my body to open up to quickly. I have already changed it since then and will try to get a video of myself with my new glove action.

Just a thought but I think that jdfromfla and Oleary are right in the fact that I am not throwing and can’t tell If I have good ball flight. I mean if you had never seen Tim Lincecum throw a baseball and he did the towel drill you might question if he had good mechanics. Sometimes you have to throw away the rule book on pithcers

Also, pay attention to the starting position of your feet. It seems a bit inconsistent. Sometimes you set up quite closed and other times you set up quite closed.