My Mechanics

Hi, I have lost a lot of control, and I think I may have some theories on why this is.

Does anyone else think they might no why, or any suggestions on my mechanics?

4SFB: 77mph
2SFB:70-75mph
Curveball: 62mph
Splitter: 68mph

Well for starters your glove flies way out to your side. Thats not good. And I might be wrong but it appears you arch your back forward quite a bit while throwing. I’m not sure if that could attribute to any control issues. Theres some stuff you can tell without throwing off a mound.

Why do you think you don’t have control?

Well, I have never really had precise control, it’s just I have been missing my spots and throwing a lot of balls. I have been working on tucking my glove in to my armpit, and have been working on exploding off of the rubber. But it doesn’t really look like it. I was just pitching in that video like I have been without the changes.

you also throw all arm which is pretty much impossible to control

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Any suggestions on how to fix this?[/quote]

You are really not staying compact in your delivery, you seem to fly open and just whip your arm around. keep your body close and explode off the rubber. Make sure to tuck your glove as well, it should help a great deal with your control.

I hate the word “tuck” because I never really know what it means.

I agree that your glove arm is flying open - swinging out to the side. That will pull your shoulders open early and certainly lead to a lack of control. My suggestion is to stabilize the glove out front somewhere over the front foot and leave it there while the chest moves to the glove. It is normal for the glove elbow to drop down to your side and for your glove to turn over so the pocket faces your chest or face. A stable glove will help improve your control as well as help you direct more energy into the ball. Also, by not flying open and opening up the shoulders early, you eliminate a possible source of health issues.

[quote=“Roger”]I hate the word “tuck” because I never really know what it means.

I agree that your glove arm is flying open - swinging out to the side. That will pull your shoulders open early and certainly lead to a lack of control. My suggestion is to stabilize the glove out front somewhere over the front foot and leave it there while the chest moves to the glove. It is normal for the glove elbow to drop down to your side and for your glove to turn over so the pocket faces your chest or face. A stable glove will help improve your control as well as help you direct more energy into the ball. Also, by not flying open and opening up the shoulders early, you eliminate a possible source of health issues.[/quote]
Thanks, this could be the reason for my elbow tendinitis problems over the years. Do you see anything wrong with me using only my upper body like the 2nd post stated?

Besides for your glove side mechanics I think that your throwing arm finishes very early…you seem to give up the second the ball is out of your hand and your arm ends up around your waist. Finish with your right hand just above your left knee.

Well, I do think you could use more momentum and trunk flexion (you finish very upright). Try starting with a slight bend in the knees and get your center of gravity moving forward faster.