my mechanics

Took some good vids of my mechanics on flat…muddy…patchy ground.
But ive already seen some things to work on. Overall i beleive my mechanics are decent and all i really need to do (other then the tweaks i noticed) is get stronger and better conditioned to enhance everything

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2022829433
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2022833122
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2022831392

i decided to go throught my side mechanics by frames aswell

my elbow is obviously way to low here and i need to bring it up above my shoulder.

I also drag my back leg instead of pushing of with it after my back foot lands which also limits my velo.

and i would also like to point out. In the last video . the last pitch i throw my splitter. I am particularly Proud of that one. its funny how it stars at my dads head ( or above it) and he ends up trying to catch it in the dirt. I love that pitch

oooooh im hurt no commnets OR advice.

I couldn’t get the vids to play. But in the pics I like what you do with your glove-side-arm … in the fifth pic, you say your elbow is too low. It does look low, but don’t go bringing it up that much higher. Don’t think you gotta bring it above your shoulder. A ton of big leaguers, probobably the majority, do noy go above their shoulder.

[quote=“GottyJ”]
my elbow is obviously way to low here and i need to bring it up above my shoulder.

I also drag my back leg instead of pushing of with it after my back foot lands which also limits my velo.[/quote]

First, while your elbow IS a little low in the photo above (which could be due to the jacket you were wearing), you absolutely do NOT want to get it above the level of your shoulders. I would just want to see it a couple of inches higher.

Second, the majority of pitchers drag their back leg. Very few actually push off with the back leg.

Third, your hip/shoulder separation doesn’t look like it’s great.

I think you plant your arm side foot to much towards the third base.

It looks like you reverse rotate your shoudlers a lot…hows your control?

Whats your height? How hard do you throw?

[quote=“Nikae09”]I think you plant your arm side foot to much towards the third base.

It looks like you reverse rotate your shoudlers a lot…hows your control?

Whats your height? How hard do you throw?[/quote]You pretty much stole my post :lol:…that’s like exactly what I was going to say.

Height 5’8-9"

my control is good most of the time but i always have my wild days. I throw 65-75 somewhere around there. I think its around 70

what do you mean by reverse rotate?

as far as planting his foot too far on the first base side, it does appear that way, but he’s also throwing what looks to be slightly up-hill, so I don’t know if we can really judge that.

reverse rotate means towrds the beginning your shoulders break the imaginary line from second to home, and become parelell with an imaginary line going from third to first.

is it bad to have reverse rotation? i see many pitchers do it but is it bad?

it’s definitly not bad in the absolute sense. Some people might think it hinders your control or upsets your timing. OThers will tell you that it’s good and can help you generate more velocity. I wouldn’t worry about it. If it’s comfortable and your control is decent, keep doing it. In your case–and I’mspeaking only from the still pictures–it looks like you do a good job of keeping your front shoulder closed after breaking your hands.

jared weaver and tom glavine and kevin brown are big reverse rotators

With my current mechanics ,the way they are how hard SHOULD i be throwing?