My mechanics +vid

I see myself throwing now, problems with stride, and not directing momentum to plate, but next to it! darn.

btw the sound is at good time in video, ane one ane idea how hard i throw?

bye

2nd, sorry for bad camera view

ok I think you should take a longger stride and try to get your lift leg to drive more closed because you fall off to one side badly.

Also you need to be MORE Explosive you are going to slow to pitch at a high velocity. TRY to be more Explosive and get a long stride it might help.

Im working on longer stride, should solve most of the problems, but what you mean with more close with my lift leg? Pul it more towards my body whenim lifting it? I think i better lift it higher and pull my boudy over there?

[quote=“RodriGueZ”]I see myself throwing now, problems with stride, and not directing momentum to plate, but next to it! darn.

btw the sound is at good time in video, ane one ane idea how hard i throw?

bye

2nd, sorry for bad camera view[/quote]it really looks like you open up your body way too much, if you know what i mean, try keeping your plant foot in line with where your foot is on the rubber and home plate

What I notice is you have a posture problem whereby you lean to the glove side as you stride. this results in planting the front foot way open (i.e. pointing way to the 1B side of home plate). The leg and knee end up pointing to that side as well. And this is done to support the weight of your body falling off to that side.

Two changes you should make to help correct this are (1) keep the head upright and limit its side-to-side movement, and (2) get your hips started forward toward the target sooner while maintaining your knee lift and good posture.

[quote=“Roger”]What I notice is you have a posture problem whereby you lean to the glove side as you stride. this results in planting the front foot way open (i.e. pointing way to the 1B side of home plate). The leg and knee end up pointing to that side as well. And this is done to support the weight of your body falling off to that side.

Two changes you should make to help correct this are (1) keep the head upright and limit its side-to-side movement, and (2) get your hips started forward toward the target sooner while maintaining your knee lift and good posture.[/quote]

U mean falling with my hip in first?

[quote=“Roger”]What I notice is you have a posture problem whereby you lean to the glove side as you stride. this results in planting the front foot way open (i.e. pointing way to the 1B side of home plate). The leg and knee end up pointing to that side as well. And this is done to support the weight of your body falling off to that side.

Two changes you should make to help correct this are (1) keep the head upright and limit its side-to-side movement, and (2) get your hips started forward toward the target sooner while maintaining your knee lift and good posture.[/quote]

Bingo!! As you stride, you lean your upper body backward, toward 1st base. Take Roger’s advice. RIStar and Tanner are right on also but Roger’s advice is the fix.

so this is right: I lift my leg up to my left shoulder, To get power u get hip opening and trunk rotation, now cuz i do this, I rotate further than the plate. So when I Lift my leg up to my RIGHT shoulder should fix, cuz that would make me turn good+ hip first?

Now how much pct of body length was stride length?
cuz im 1,89, and my stride seems really short!

got any drills for me for my problem ??

I mean as your shoulders rotate you lean to the glove side. Your entire upper body appears to lean although posture problems often start with the head.

In any case, when I see the front foot and leg open up, I believe the body does that to position itself to support its own weight moving in that direction. In other words, it isn’t the problem - it’s the effect of some other problem. In your case, that other problem is, I believe, a posture problem. And it may start with a slight lean back toward 1B during your knee lift. Maybe try leaning forward a bit. You want to find a starting posture that you have the core strength to maintain through the delivery and which allows you to stabilize your head through the delivery.

Your stride length shouldn’t be any specific length or percentage of height. It should be as long as possible while still being able to maintain good posture and balance.

If you work on getting the hips moving forward sooner and faster, the stride will probably take care of itself.

thx roger

Now about my posture, got any pictures, or workouts you can gibme ?

Pause your video at 4 seconds. In which direction is your plant foot pointed?

middle of home and 1b i know .
I know my flaws, i need some drills to work on now.

Draw a 7 ft. perpendicular line in the dirt from the rubber towards home plate. Go through your pitching motion and lead with your hips straight down the line, your foot should land on the line if done properly. Notice which muscles you feel activated when you land correctly. You feel the lower abs engage with the hip motion and upper abs when you begin rotating.

Alternatively, you can have the line and place teammates about 12 inches off of it to the first base side. This creates a wall to your left, forcing you to stay on line or crash into your buddies.

Here is another vid, No mount, no ball, just sum dry movement.

Is this any improvement if i could throw this way of a mound?

try not to take such a big step back when u start your windup

guys, can sum1 give me my mistakes in the first video: concrete + how it should be, dunt use hard english :stuck_out_tongue: cuz sumtimes I just cant follow you guys lol.

I saw more vids of me, and i see my stride leg like kickin, also it doesnt seem to get speed when striding. anyways

On me posture, how to work on taht??