My Log: My Motivator

Well, here we go. A log that I am going to start because it will be the ultimate motivator for me as I push forward through my high school career and (hopefully) beyond. This log is beginning at the end of my JV season, and leading into my first year on Junior Legion and through the offseason.

About ME:
Height: 5’10 3/4
Weight: 150
Class: Sophomore
Workout Program: TUFFCUFF all the way
My (sophomore) high school season:
Appearances-8 GS-6 W/L-1-2 ERA-2.28(led team) IP-27 2/3 K/BB- 43/20(K’s led team) HR-0

Pitches (the speeds are an estimation, haven’t been gunned in a long time)

4 seam fastball- 68-71 mph
2 seam fastball- 66-69 mph
Changeup- 53-56 mph
Curve- 59-62 mph
Splitter (my K pitch)- 63-65 mph

GOALS

-Have a solid J. Legion season
-Gain 10 pounds of muscle during the offseason
-Gain 10 mph on my pitches
-Be named a starting pitcher on my Varsity team next year.

MY ULTIMATE GOAL

-Pitch for Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach FL (member of the NAIA college league)
Looking to become a commercial airline pilot in the future

As of right now, I am looking at a 2-3 week gap between the end of high school baseball, and the beginning of J. legion.

WHY is this so good?
I played the whole high school season with a pulled hammy, which has messed with my mech’s a little (cannot stride as far), and has significantly lowered my velocity. (Under pitches, those are listed as my estimation with the bad hammy)
During this break between seasons, I am going to physical therapy and hoping that this time off will lead me to a recovery and regaining my velocity.

May 28, 2008

Physical Therapy went good today. Definatly feeling an improvement in my hamstring. Here is what I did today from TuffCuff. (Going to stick with the inseason program through the 2 week break before J. Legion)

2x12- 45 degree Flexion
2x12- Abduction
2x12-Internal Rotation
2x12- External rotation
2x12- External Rotaion @ 90 degrees
2x12- Reverse Throw

Core Workout (6 different exercises 15 times each)

Strech

(Did not throw today, day after season ended, took 1 day off)

May 29 2008

Today the only thing I did was throw. Normally it would have been a leg workout day, but I am going to take the full 2 weeks off from all leg workouts (cuz of the bad hammy). Trying to work hard on rotating my hips harder and faster while pitching. Really did not have much time for a hard workout, I have a final History paper due tomorrow, and a spanish one. Then I have 3 tests to study for, chemistry, geometry, and spanish (essay and test on the same day!). I also had drivers ed from 5-9, so its a miracle I got anything done at all.

May 31, 2008

Didn’t get a chance to post this last night because I fell asleep on the couch after practice :smiley: .

Anyway, it was our first Junior Legion practice, and we ended up practicing on the worst field I have ever seen. (Not kidding). The infield was awful, the first groundball I took took a bad hop and I took one of the chin, literally. My coach thought the crack was the ball against my chest, but it was my jaw clacking shut. Funny thing is it didn’t hurt that bad, and I don’t know why because our coach was hitting shots at us. But I knocked it down and made the play. Looks like we are going to have a pretty solid team this year!

June 3, 2008

Bad news, looks like I am finally going to be sidelined because of my hamstring pull. I played the whole high school season with it, and now it’s coming back to bite me in the butt, or the thigh rather. My High School coach really needed me the whole season, so I never got a chance to rest it, and now it looks like I am. Maybe it’s not such a bad thing, but it looks like the first month of J. Legion is gonzo. Hopefully once it gets back to full strength, I will be able to throw like I was before the injury. Actually, I don’t know what to feel right now… looks like physical therapy for the next month and no baseball :cry: