My inseason shoulder work out

Pitch This Day Pre game stretch with bands and Running Post game Strengthen Rotator Cuff {3 sets of 10} internal, external and Dr.Andrews Running after game to get the blood flowing

Day after I pitch Running {15 minutes} 1-15 of light stretch with tubing

2nd Day after I pitched Pre Throwing 1-15 stretch with tubing Post throwing 2sets of 10 internal/external
Light running

3rd day after I pitch Pre Throwing 1-10 stretch with bands Post throwing 1-10 internal 5each external 5 each
Light Running

4th day REST and STRECH

Pitch This Day Pre game stretch with bands and Running Post game Strengthen Rotator Cuff {3 sets of 10} internal, external and Dr. Andrews Running after game to get the blood flowing

Is There anything I need to Add?
Does anyone know any good shoulder streches with the surgical tubing?

If before pitched i did 6 shoulder exercises

External Rotation at 0 Degrees of Abduction. position.

· Internal Rotation at 0 Degrees of Abduction.
· External Rotation at 90 Degrees of Abduction. .

· Internal Rotation at 90 Degrees of Abduction.

· Diagonal Pattern (D2) Flexion.
· Diagonal Pattern (D2) Extension.

How many reps should I do if I do all these exercises before I pitch

I have a question for you: what exactly is the Dr. Andrews running program? Just curious because I had my shoulder surgery done by him and in my subsequent visits I only recieved rehab and throwing programs. I would be interested to see other programs that have been developed by him.

Dr.andrew is a exercises for shoulder sorry. Then i just run they are not combined.

There is no strength work in there at all. You might want to address that.

what you mean by that KCI will be willing to add it mabey

I Think I like this workout better that I made TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THIS ONE

Day I pitch- Running, Arm Circles, Tubing {Internal, External, Rows, D2 Extension, D2, Flexion, External Rotation 90* abduction, Internal Rotation 90* abduction} 1 set of 6 each
Post game-Light Run, Arm Circles, Tubing {Internal, External, Rows, D2 Extension, D2, Flexion, External Rotation 90* abduction, Internal Rotation 90* abduction} 1set of 15 each

Day after I pitch- Running {15 Min} Full body Stretch

2nd Day after- Pre Throwing 1set of 15 Internal/ External each Light Running
Post Throwing- 2 sets of 10 Internal/External, Arm Circles, and Light Running

3rd Day after- Pre Throwing 1 sets of 10 ea. Tubing {External Rotation 90* abduction, Internal Rotation 90*}
Post Throwing- Running, Arm Circles, 1 set of 10 {D2, Flexion, Rows}

4th Day after- REST and Stretch Full Body

Repeat Again

Day I pitch- Running, Arm Circles, Tubing {Internal, External, Rows, D2 Extension, D2, Flexion, External Rotation 90* abduction, Internal Rotation 90* abduction} 1 set of 6 each
Post game-Light Run, Arm Circles, Tubing {Internal, External, Rows, D2 Extension, D2, Flexion, External Rotation 90* abduction, Internal Rotation 90* abduction} 1set of 15 each

[quote=“RIstar”]I Think I like this workout better that I made TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THIS ONE

Day after I pitch- Running {15 Min} Full body Stretch

2nd Day after- Pre Throwing 1set of 15 Internal/ External each Light Running
Post Throwing- 2 sets of 10 Internal/External, Arm Circles, and Light Running

3rd Day after- Pre Throwing 1 sets of 10 ea. Tubing {External Rotation 90* abduction, Internal Rotation 90*}
Post Throwing- Running, Arm Circles, 1 set of 10 {D2, Flexion, Rows}

4th Day after- REST and Stretch Full Body

Repeat Again

Post game-Light Run, Arm Circles, Tubing {Internal, External, Rows, D2 Extension, D2, Flexion, External Rotation 90* abduction, Internal Rotation 90* abduction} 1set of 15 each[/quote]

What KC means by strength training is that you have no inseason weight lifting program planned…

From my experience, I only do rotator cuff work about 2-3 times during the inseason…

I do the same exact warm-up regardless of whether or not it’s game day, practice day, or any other day for that matter…

It consists of some light sprinting, bw exercises such as squats, lunges, etc… A variation of shoulder exercises to get the blood pumping in my arm, and some full body stretching to cap everything off… I do all of this before I even think of throwing a baseball… I use a dynamic warm up to get the blood pumping, and then I stretch… I find it to be very effective, and I have never ever had to ice my arm in my entire life…

I would comment on the tubing, but I do not have enough experience in this area prior to pitching sessions…

If it’s game day and I’m pitching, I’ll do wind sprints following the game followed by some more bw exercises and rotator cuff work…

The next day, I’d do a light bullpen session, or throwing session, and follow it with a full body workout…

Depending on the schedule, I would aim to perform 2 full body workouts during the inseason… And throw pretty much pretty everyday varying up the intensity of each session…

Does my shoulder workout look good so far?

Try it out and report back… I stick to the same routine for rotator cuff work during the inseason, and perform it 2-3 times a week… But then again, I’m not an expert on the anatomy of the shoulder… Maybe in the future, I’ll be shed some more light on your situation, but at the moment, am not knowledgeable enough…

can you post your inseason shoulder workout so i can compare and try to make mine better it would be very helpfull for me if you could do that

Yeah, sure, give me a sec… There’s a video of a lot of the exercises that I do-I’m looking for it right now…

But I can tell you I do 3 sets of 10-15 for each one, and perform it 2-3 times a week…

One of the exercises I perform though-not sure what the name is, though…

Anyways, your elbows are at about 45 degree angle, palms facing out from one another, and then you lift your arms straight out in front of you… There’s a link on bb.com to this exercise-I will also look for that… I think it’s a pretty neat exercise, I’ve had success with it…

You have all of your work focused on the shoulder, while there is nothing for the rest of your body. Pitching involves so much more than just one muscle group, and your training should reflect that.

In season strength training doesn’t need to be intense or overly difficult, you are simply looking to maintain your strength over the course of a long and physically exhausting season. You could do something as simple as a circuit of pushups, bodyweight squats, pullups, burpees, and planks. You could combine any number of exercises.

im just focusing on shoulder right now then body which i know what im going to do. Does the shoulder part look ok so far? do i need to ad anything to the shoulder part or take away anything?