My First HR!

Im am too juiced!!!
Today i hit my first ever HR, and it was a bomb.

This was the first time i ever hit 1 out, even in little league, I’ve never hit one out until today,
I’ve only hit one out in BP, but today was my first HR in a game, EVER!
Hopefully its not the last

Congrats man! Nothing like taking one deep!

Nice!

Outstanding!

Now when things like this get to be your calling card, and your clocking them on a regular basis, give that extra touch of class by-

round the bags by always looking forward or down at the base path.
don’t go jumping around like a rabbit while rounding the bags
never, never glance at the pitcher to get his/her reaction, its not cool.
and make sure you touch them all - in particular home plate.
after crossing home plate, don’t eye ball the backstop.
after crossing home plate simply walk back to the dugout/bench, give your customary high-five to every teammate that comes to you.
now here’s the great part - act like it’s just another walk in the park for you… you do this all the time.
don’t glance at the pitcher, don’t go laughing up a storm, don’t go pointing to anyone on the fielding team.
don’t get eye contact with the pitcher.

Other than that – have a ball !!!

Congrats, feels pretty darn good don’t it !!

Coach B.

[quote=“Coach Baker”]Outstanding!

Now when things like this get to be your calling card, and your clocking them on a regular basis, give that extra touch of class by-

round the bags by always looking forward or down at the base path.
don’t go jumping around like a rabbit while rounding the bags
never, never glance at the pitcher to get his/her reaction, its not cool.
and make sure you touch them all - in particular home plate.
after crossing home plate, don’t eye ball the backstop.
after crossing home plate simply walk back to the dugout/bench, give your customary high-five to every teammate that comes to you.
now here’s the great part - act like it’s just another walk in the park for you… you do this all the time.
don’t glance at the pitcher, don’t go laughing up a storm, don’t go pointing to anyone on the fielding team.
don’t get eye contact with the pitcher.

Other than that – have a ball !!!

Congrats, feels pretty darn good don’t it !!

Coach B.[/quote]

I like that you’ve posted that, definitely not many guys think about this especially when they’re new to hitting dingers. Even smiling all the way around the bases will sometime get you one in the backside next at bat. Good reply.

Yeah I was juiced, I ran the Bases Faster than I’ve ever ran them kinda like Andres Torres, from the Giants…lol

Now if you’re not up to bat, the best thing to do is to not make any noise and look sad, so that when the runner looks over as hes running he thinks he’s out or something. Haha.

What u mean?

Say a guy on your team just hit a bomb. Someone on the bench gives the signal and the whole team looks sad and doesnt say anything, no yelling, no cheering, don’t go out to the plate to congratulate him. As he’s running he’ll be considering if he hit it out or if the outfielder caught it or if it was a foul ball. Works for my team. Anyways

oh hahaha I will definitely try that…

In the majors you’ll see something like what Jacobs 18 said after a rookie hits his first home run. Sometimes the rest of the team just sits on the bench and he gets back to the dugout and just puts his helmet away with no congrats or nothing! Haha. Then obviously everyone gets up and congratulates him…funny though when it shows the guy getting back to the dugout and he just has to act as if nothing happened!

Funny thing about home runs and myself…I’ve never hit one, but at the same time, I’ve never given one up either! Not in little league, Babe Ruth (like 14-17), my sophomore season, or the past two seasons in adult league as probably the youngest pitcher to see regular time on the bump.

Oh yeah the Silent Treatment?
Just like they do with pitchers if he has a No No going… :rolllaugh:

That is Amazing

That is exactly what my team did to me when I hit what ended up being the game winning home run in our first game of the play offs my senior year. The next hitter even just walked by me as I jogged to the dug out. That was the most confused I’ve ever been in my whole life!

[quote=“king.navarro34”]Im am too juiced!!!
Today i hit my first ever HR, and it was a bomb.

This was the first time i ever hit 1 out, even in little league, I’ve never hit one out until today,
I’ve only hit one out in BP, but today was my first HR in a game, EVER!
Hopefully its not the last[/quote]

Congrats, I hit my first one last month, it feels great doesn’t it? Unfortunately mine went to waste because we blew the lead but it feels great, hopefully we’ll both have many dingers to come.

first ones are the best, you’ll still think about it ever after a year. It’s like s*x :lol:

Hey man congrats! I’ve never hit a (fair ball) home run in a game. I have hit 2 foul balls HR though haha the last one I was just like Carlton Fisk trying to make it fair, but I think I don’t have his telekinesis power hehe

I’m lifting weight and doing lots of body work, I hope to hit one soon :wink: