My current life

well I’ve never felt this way before. Im actually getting alot of recognition of being a pretty good ball player.
This pitching coach got me in touch with this legion team because i told him i wanted to player at a higher level because a rec league isnt as challeging anymore.So he did . i go to this try out and pitch …my control ,to me, seemed not so awesome but the coaches feel in love with the movement on my fastball (natural sinking action) and even more with my splitter. Even the batters liked my style. One said i was throwing “sick stuff” …my pitches were never described as sick before. When i threw my splitter the batter asked the catcher what the pitch was he said it was the splitter… the batter said " this kid throws a freaking splitter???"…so that was a good day. The coach told my dad he was mad that my pitching/hitting coach didnt call him sooner.

This even goes as far as to say my Highschool coaches seem to think of me as agood now too…last year they would hardly give me the time of day and today the var coach initiated a convo with my dad asking if i got my practice permit in so i could start practice monday.I can hit their Var pitchers so thats always fun. So in general i always thought of myself as good and had to boost my self confidence on my own and this year people seem to be recognizing me as a ball player…so my life seems good…now to see if i can make my HS team or not.

From what i saw at the legion practice i could compete at a legion level easily. haha…i kind of like the feeling of being an under dog at my school. It shakes things up when i can do better then the elites.

congrats … enjoy the pats on the back, but keep lookng for ways to improve … you know how this game is, an a**-kicking can happen at anytime to anyone against any team.

yeah , thats what makes alot of it exciting.

it’s great to get some baseball respect sometimes isn’t it?

did you work on your mechanics i remember you were throwing from a low 3-4 arm slot (which results in your natural sinker) but i remember also your arm draging out because (if i rememeber corectly) you were opening the shoulders too soon.

just want to get some news.

I’m not sure if its fixed but if it isnt my coach said one thing that could be the cause would be because i throw my front arm out and swing it making my shoulds open too soon
i’ll try and get a video soon…maybe of my doing it with a towel?(but my arm must still go at a 3/4 cause my sinker is still sinking)

here’s a vid of me pitching. Its not perfect for a few reasons…#1 im in jeans but that shouldnt matter much
#2 you cant tell but im pitching slightly uphill and
#3 the vid is sideways xD

here’s a vid of me pitching. Its not perfect for a few reasons…#1 im in jeans but that shouldnt matter much
#2 you cant tell but im pitching slightly uphill and
#3 the vid is sideways xD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJtWs6Hizuk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa9EclB98wI

my arm action seems faster then last season