My converting from a reliever to a starter.

When I throw flats I work on location. I normally throw my flats to a backstop like the Atec one I just got. I nearly never throw flats with my team.

I have bands on my bowflex that I haven’t used this week due to my dad’s surgery. I will probably get back on them when he can operate a little more independently. I’ve used dumb bells in the past but I’ve gotten more out of stuff like doing bench press or hand cleans with a bar. When I use free weights like dumb bells and bench press stations I normally do power squats. In my lifting (which I started last year) I have gotten up to 165 lb. squats, 130 lb. benchs, and 95 lb. hand cleans (in order of which I started first). I also have done medicine balls in the past but not a lot. I also do 50 sit-ups and 25 pushups a day.

You need to strengthen the tiny muscles in your shoulder, you need to get your rotator cuff stronger doing light dumb bell work i.e. the 5lbs. dumb bell routine and exercise band work will do this.

You might start out at a 3lbs weight but it will kill you. If you get big in your biceps, triceps and pecs but you dont strengthen your shoulder muscles you’re asking for trouble. It might feel like its a waste of time but it is the most important thing you can do for yourself.

Ok I will get to Dick’s as soon as possible!

Pick up a copy of Nolan Ryan’s Pitcher’s Bible it has both routines in it and should be relatively inexpensive, or even google them.

I can’t remember off the top ofmy head if TuffCuff has both or not. I’ll have to check my copy.

Personally TUFFCUFF is a little pricy. I want to get it but $65 for a book is a pretty big chunk of change.

That’s why I said Nolan Ryan or Google it.

Well I had a good basketball game. A lot of running since I’m now a 36 minute man, which is full time for our league. Haha. Practice tomorrow. Coach said I was probably throw another pen. If not I’m working out Monday.

Well I didn’t throw a pen today. A little disappointing but I wasn’t feeling 100% anyways so no big deal. I stretched for over 2 hours today. I feel loose but I don’t feel right. My arms aren’t tight and my elbow doesn’t hurt so idk. Gonna work for a couple hours tomorrow with stretching, a little lifting and some running. Hope I feel better soon.

I don’t how you could possibly stretch for two hours.You should treat stretching like lifting. Except you can do it everyday.You should only do 2-3 sets of 15-30 seconds of each stretch. The last thing you want to do is overstretch and get injured.

If you get bored of stretching, I would recommend doing some yoga. It’s relaxing and great for flexibility.

It depends on if sumo squats are yoga. I would do that for 1 minute on then 1 minute off. Then I did some leg exercises like toe tips and I have ankle stretches that I do with the 1 on 1 off. If you don’t consider stuff like that stretching then it was more like 45 minutes of stretching. I do this stuff when I feel past injuries flare up like pulled groins or Achilles injuries. I feel really bad after a lot of running so if I know I’m going to run a lot or I have lately then I do those exercises.

It depends on if sumo squats are yoga. I would do that for 1 minute on then 1 minute off. Then I did some leg exercises like toe tips and I have ankle stretches that I do with the 1 on 1 off. If you don’t consider stuff like that stretching then it was more like 45 minutes of stretching. I do this stuff when I feel past injuries flare up like pulled groins or Achilles injuries. I feel really bad after a lot of running so if I know I’m going to run a lot or I have lately then I do those exercises.

So what’s going on how’s your workouts and throwing going?

Sorry I haven’t posted more. My week has been full of sickness, blisters and taking care of my dad plus school. I’ve lifted a little and did 25 pushups and 50 situps a day until today cuz I got sick. I got my blisters hitting so any lifting is an issue. I got one on my throwing hand and 2 on my other hand. I feel a little better now after I threw up but idk bout school tomorrow cuz I still don’t feel good. Hope I feel better 2moro

Sorry I haven’t posted more. My week has been full of sickness, blisters and taking care of my dad plus school. I’ve lifted a little and did 25 pushups and 50 situps a day until today cuz I got sick. I got my blisters hitting so any lifting is an issue. I got one on my throwing hand and 2 on my other hand. I feel a little better now after I threw up but idk bout school tomorrow cuz I still don’t feel good. Hope I feel better 2moro.

Very frustrated. My mom is making me finish my entire science fair by Saturday. Its already taking away so much of my time as it is. I can only go to practices and school until its done. In essence I have a little under a week to finish a report and science fair board. And now my entire workout schedule is being delayed.

Welcome to being a student athlete!

The higher you go on this ladder the more difficult it gets. You’ll need to learn proper time management it will help you a great deal. The sooner you figure out the best way to schedule your days the easier it’ll become for you, especially if you ever get to play College ball.

I’m used to being a student athlete and its normally never been a problem because of my 4.0 GPA while in Honors classes(AP for middle school). Its weird because I’ve never had so much stuff thrown at me in a week. Wales, I know you played college ball, if you had a big project due what did you do with baseball workouts and lifting. Oh and the stuff I do is mainly on my own. My select team doesn’t lift together.

I would always either lift early in the morning hit class and then in the break between classes I would work on the project, then go to my 5 hour practise grab dinner and work on the project in study hall or I’d get up early work on the project go to class work on the project then go to practice then work on it at study hall and then lift after parctise.

Wow. Well that’ll definitely help in college. I’m almost done with it now. I did some of it after batting practice. My reports almost done. My partner is coming over Saturday to finish board with me.

Goodstuff keep working at it and you’ll be done in no time